MiniTorque.com banner

301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Had the alignment done at the weekend, all sorted but need the toe adjusting still as the track rods are seized (either fit new ones or attack with heat). Feels really good round the corners, only thing letting it down was the the worn AD08Rs on the GP wheels. So I stuck the new winters on. Really like the look of these and saves the BBS for summer. Got some different coloured brake ducts to fit which I think will really suit the car, have to pull my finger out to whip the bumper off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Fitted a new steering wheel today, had it for ages but just got round to fitting it, disappointed as it doesn't seem to have the extra padding I asked for, I'll see what they say about it. (Pics to follow) put the ultraleggeras on, really like the look of them on here,
Getting the coilovers raised and alignment done tomorrow, should be a good day!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Purchased a gp2 steering wheel as one of my 1st roadsters mods....

Cos I liked the feel - padding

It's a funny old world
They are nice!

I sent away a jcw wheel and asked for it to be 2mm thicker padding, they got confused and did it with 2mm padding, only noticed when I fit it last weekend, it's 12mm in diameter thinner! After about 10 emails and them telling me I don't understand how the steering wheel retrim process works, they have opted to retrim it if I pay postage.

Anyway raised the front 13mm today, bumper no longer scapes on big bumps and I don't feel like u should take up vaping

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
:I think you need harry hill to sort out rc vs oz for the gp2

I think the rc are a far more attractive wheel in themselves
But the oz show the calipers better, and so suit the car.

I'm not sure with my car as I also like the R112 oem look,
and the official challenge wheels are also available in 7.5 which clear gp2 calipers :tongue_smilie:
and I don't need winters so only 2 out of 3 are long term options, I have black oz with track/summer tyres already so I'm keeping them...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
I have the option to swap the ozs for another set of RCs, I'm undecided as am really liking the Oz atm. I wish I could make my mind up! Lol

Steering wheel came back, too job they really turned it around. Very happy with it.
Anyway pics inbound IMG_20190326_065941_693.jpg 20190324_074521.jpg IMG_20190323_181122_932.jpg IMG_20190326_173303_726.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
doesn't look like there's much in it on wheels, which have the correct centre bore if any? I'd keep those,

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
I have the option to swap the ozs for another set of RCs, I'm undecided as am really liking the Oz atm. I wish I could make my mind up! Lol

Steering wheel came back, too job they really turned it around. Very happy with it.
Anyway pics inbound View attachment 91463 View attachment 91465 View attachment 91467 View attachment 91469

I have both silver and Black it is a dilemma indeed, as well as 5 stud option for the f56
The oz are easier to get a 5th wheel for should one set become curb huggers

301 - 311 of 311 Posts