MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So some of you know that two weeks ago I sold the E92 M3 that I replaced the turbo R53 with, amazing car, just for it to be fun you had to be near its limits which TBH were pretty high and very fast, the running costs were hideous and lots of tales of massive engine failure I decided to get out of it, I started looking at the others cars I was contemplating when I sold the R53, none of which really ticked the boxes, until I started looking a R56's, I soon realised for not a lot more money than a JCW I could get a nice GP2, just the brakes alone are worth it! I was told about this one for sale on Facebook of all places,
One owner
33,000 miles
Year of BMW warranty
Year of TLC service pack
Fucked tires
New turbo in November under warranty
Has had new shocks all round under warranty
Got it for a good price, the drive back was really good, forgot exactly how good these handle and was pleasantly surprised how quick it is for a stock car!

As I pretty much knew I was getting an R56 I'd started buying a few bits! (Really can't help myself)
Parts bought so far:
Milltek decat
Airtec black intercooler
Itg panel filter
Federal RSR 215 40 17 as a brief stop gap until my new wheels arrive
NGK manic plugs
Headlight and rear light surrounds for colour coding (everyone buys the black rings and pandas them up)
The cars previously had a manic stage 2 so I'll be looking to get that reloaded, I'll keep it like that until the warranty runs out, then who knows! (I've already got some Mahle motorsport rod bearings for it.....)

Spec of car as of September:
Manic stage 2
MILTEK decat
Airtec intercooler
Ngk uprated plugs (evo plugs)
Itg panel filter

Clutchmasters FX400 and aluminium flywheel
Quaife limited slip diff

Light rings and front grille surround all colour coded in thunder grey.

Recaro pole positions ambla leather in black with dinamica suede black centres on recaro side mounts

BBS RC323 17x7.5 et35 with federal 595rsr 215/40/17 for the road

Team dynamics TD1.2 17x8 et35 (I think!) with toyo 888R 235/40/17 for track

OEM GP2 wheels with 205/45/17 Yokohama AD08R for winter

Waiting to be fitted:
H&R rear antiroll bar
Brembo discs all round
Pagid RS29 or Brembo HP pads (undecided if I can put up with the pagid noise)
Goodridge braided hoses all round

·
Registered
38 Posts
Following!

Was there any reason why the turbo needed replacing or was it just bad luck?

I'm going stage 2 manic this week... can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hoonigan
559 Posts
Nice one love it (very biased)

Looks like it had been blacked out previously with the door handles still black and the mini one scuttles.

Just finished panda'ing mine :) was contemplating a full de-chrome but got more important plans for it at the mo.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following!

Was there any reason why the turbo needed replacing or was it just bad luck?

I'm going stage 2 manic this week... can't wait!!

To be honest I don't know, all I know it's had one! Lol

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one love it (very biased)

Looks like it had been blacked out previously with the door handles still black and the mini one scuttles.

Just finished panda'ing mine :) was contemplating a full de-chrome but got more important plans for it at the mo.

Yeah it was blacked out, it's got carbon fibre kinda door handles, which I'm 50/50 on at the moment, I've got the standard chrome to go on if needed, I've also got a USA reversing lamp to delete the rear fog lamp so the rear end is totally symmetrical, again I may fit it but not really that bothered!

·
Hoonigan
559 Posts
Yeah it was blacked out, it's got carbon fibre kinda door handles, which I'm 50/50 on at the moment, I've got the standard chrome to go on if needed, I've also got a USA reversing lamp to delete the rear fog lamp so the rear end is totally symmetrical, again I may fit it but not really that bothered!
I was looking at those door handles and was the same can't make my mind up. Would have to go all carbon though which is stupid money. Would be harder to resist if it came with them :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice buy mate, looks like it's been well looked after, have you seen the one with the side decals removed and just the GP left, looks :thumbup1:
Thanks mate, yeah overall it's pretty clean. I'll try and find it!

·
2012 JCW
32 Posts
looks lovely! :thumbup:

Reactions: bidsy26

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah, I thought it might have been, he did keep it in good nick.

Last time I saw him it was running one of those tuning box jobbies, he must have had it Manic'd since though, shame it got taken off.
As long as it wasn't a p torque tune I'm happy! It had a new turbo in November and it got wiped by the dealer, Lohen have been good though, can get it reloaded for a good price!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, I thought it might have been, he did keep it in good nick.

Last time I saw him it was running one of those tuning box jobbies, he must have had it Manic'd since though, shame it got taken off.
Ironically I raced him at the pod when I first got my turbo r53 done......

1 - 20 of 311 Posts