MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This link is doing the rounds between car folk on Twitter directing to a request on a Subaru forum but all cars welcome and think it'd be great to get some minis along if anyone's local to help put a smile on this little guys face! losing my son please help - ScoobyNet

Original post reads:

hi all i cant believe im about to say this but here goes *i have just been informed that my 11 year old son has around 4 weeks to live for those who dont know he had leukeamia aged 2 and beat it then last year we had the devastating news that he had a cancerous brain tumor they operated and removed it and we thought all was well until friday when we were given the news it had returned in 2 places and there is nothing more they can do to help him *as you can imagine we are totally devastated and have to try to make the most of our time left with our little boy *so heres where i hope you can all help me i promised him a few weeks ago before i found out about this that i would take him to a car gathering as he is a massive fan of sports/modified cars mainly subaru,s evo,s etc but i cannot find one so i thought i would try arrange one just for him so i can keep that promise!

i have arranged with dewsbury district golf club
Sands Lane, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8HJ, England

Is located at The Pinnacle in Mirfield, West Yorkshire. A 10 minutes drive from junction 25 on the M62.
to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 6 pm. everybody and every type of car is welcome the club house is open for drinks etc so please please please attend if
can make it and make my little boys night a special one thank you all in advance and please put your name down on your posts to this thread so i can get an idea of numbers.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Sorry to hear this. If I was local I would have popped over. All the best.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Saw over on pistonheads, can't even begin to imagine what that family must be going through. Wish I could make it, I'm sure it will be an amazing meet

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
There are no words for this sort of news, can't imagine what you're going through.
If I could I would be there in a heartbeat, thoughts are with you and hope the little man has the day of his dreams.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Yea I agree! It's gunna cause havoc on the roads leading up. There's probably 6-7 cars coming down with me I bet.

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
1,623 Posts
Venue has been changed from the golf club to:

FRED LAWTON LTD MELTHAM MILLS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MELTHAM HUDDERSFIELD,HD9 4AY to be able to use there car park for the gathering which i would like to hold on saturday the 8th of september starting from 1 pm.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Right so thinking of getting there for 2pm, currently 561 cars on the list on Scoobynet for this young guy I've just added 5 an there will be many more just turning up I bet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts