MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully getting some AP's at the beginning of the week and just would like to know whether I'm going to need spacers on the front?

Want to get the spacers ordered so I can use the coilovers asap. Currently on Team Dynamic 1.2's which are ET45 and 7J.

Thanks and sorry for another nooby AP question :blushing:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Depends how low you want to go really but at ET45 yes you'll want spacers. 5mm or 10mm should do the trick.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not going too low, maybe 40-50mm. Just want to get some nice fitment that I can still drive properly with. I'll get some 5mm's ordered.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'm judging it against S Spokes which are ET45 or ET48 (can't remember which) they need 5mm to clear the front struts on an R53. But wait for someone else running similar offset on an R56.

My TD 1.2's are ET 37 which is perfect, no rubbing and no spacers needed so a 10mm spacer will bring them close to this.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was waiting for someone to say that before ordering. Would I be ok with 5mm spacers on an ET45 rim? or do I need more space for the AP's.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Even 5mm ones can make a difference to handling too. We swapped universal 5mm spacers for hub centric 15mm on the family wagon and it felt much tighter.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,714 Posts
I bought a set of eibach 5mm's for my fronts to clear my AP/S' spoke combo, and just for the sake of equilibrium chucked a set of tenner a pair universal ones on the back. The eibach's have the right size centre bore and stud orientation which means a lot less faff when it comes to fitting. The universal ones are just a bit shonky, they'll work but you'll end up wishing you coughed up for good one's

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok that was the type of answer I was looking for. I'll go for hubcentrics. Anyone know the correct bore? Demon Tweeks don't have an option for mini so what other manufacturer shares the same size?

EDIT: Never mind I'll get a set of the 5mm's off eBay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts