MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 741 Posts

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok time to start a new project as my 'Power up Heat down' one is pictureless :blush:so I'll start with a clean slate and get taking snaps as I go now

Here are a few on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Still work to do - but I got a few fiddly bits done today

Sadly I drilled a tiny hole to try and mount my switch panel and went into the circuit board of the speedo :w00t:

I think Ben came up with the name of Yellow Peril so it stuck in my head :cools:

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: fucking hell Nige - you were keen were you!
If you want a picture from photobucket loaded on here there is a bit below each picture that says 'direct link', just click on it and it usually self copies, if not copy and paste the link to here

I love you project and what you are trying to achieve with your no nonsense I can make that lighter attitude.

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not fancy lightweight parts rather than cutting the car to pieces?
:lol: yep I'm waiting on the Fibreglass stuff to be ready .

The huge hole was where I was attempting an air can device but I just couldn't get the hoses sorted etc etc . I was going to put a scoop over it . The bonnet was dented anyhow , so I'll weld a piece back in and fill it .

The 5 holes at the rear will hopefully pull hot air out as air flows under the bonnet . A reverse scoop will create -ve pressure and speed up the flow . I'm hoping it will lower under bonnet temps a bit .

http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/brownpants69/Latest mods to the Yellow Peril/?action=view&current=PICT0962.jpg

here's a better way with the std box I hope

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the saying

"every holes a goal"

has left a lasting impression on nige :D

:lol: Andy ( Mr Fast's ) txt to me last week ' oh and are you slightly mad ' :lol::lol::lol:

Possibly :wink:

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up Richards 'old' bonnet today and it's with my mate for spraying.

BUT even better than that is my TPR-3 is being done by Mike AND E85 (85% Ethanol) is fine for Time Attack and can give 15% more power when mapped ( I have bought 7x 20 litre Jerry cans and will be off to Scouse land Morrisons to get it )

Oulton will be TPR-1 still and 99 Ron but Knockhill may be different:thumbup1:

Oh and I've got some Mynes decals being cut for the boot View attachment Mynes.pdf and yes it will say Mynes Tuned not tunes :lol:

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts
you can now run ethanol injection with your 'meth set up' to keep the IATs really low :thumbup:

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Picked up Richards 'old' bonnet today and it's with my mate for spraying.

BUT even better than that is my TPR-3 is being done by Mike AND E85 (85% Ethanol) is fine for Time Attack and can give 15% more power when mapped ( I have bought 7x 20 litre Jerry cans and will be off to Scouse land Morrisons to get it )

Oulton will be TPR-1 still and 99 Ron but Knockhill may be different:thumbup1:

Oh and I've got some Mynes decals being cut for the boot View attachment 4561 and yes it will say Mynes Tuned not tunes :lol:
E85... schweeeeet! I've been reasearching it for ages but with it only really being availabel from Morrisons it was a PITA for a raod car but yours is perfect for it as its only driven on track so you can just run an E85 map full time! You'll probably see more than 15% too mate :thumbup:

did you see my car today? news on what state it's in? lol
Yes, the said its fecked and you may as well buy mine for £10k and swap your bits over to that :lol:

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you can now run ethanol injection with your 'meth set up' to keep the IATs really low :thumbup:
I'm looking at that Lee but obviously just H20 for TA .:tongue_smilie:

My worry is that whereas water/meth/air injected with Petrol works ok Ethanol and water don't mix well I believe and I'd hate to balls up the fueling as it runs 30% more anyway with E85 . Thomas is thinking on it too and I'm sure he'll get Paul to ask around in the States as well .

Richard - Your car looked a mess as they were grinding away the sound proofing and the dash was out for the wiring of gauges . Sure it'll be fine though - I dropped the pads off :thumbup1:

Ben - More than 15% - wooooohoooo ! I can't wait to get it done - I just hope everything else is up to the job ? Bottoms ends and pistons are supposedly good on these aren't they but seals etc worry me on the fuel pump, lines etc . Fire suits at the ready :scared:

Oh and thanks for the heads up from FLOOF AND PAUL about R888's on e-bay - I managed to get them at £355 for 4 :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 741 Posts