MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,161 Posts
Yeah that was me, it was this thread i cut and pasted the list of bIt’s you needed too!

Glad you managed to find the rest of it though!

I’ll keep an eye out for you incase I see a set badly listed

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,161 Posts
mine is only a 3 door but i dunno if that would matter? would anyone happen to know?
You may find the roof is a different shape on the later cars, when I get home from work in a couple of days I’ll place the R53 roof I have on the R56 to see how it sits, if it looks like its not far off then you may be able to get away with a later base, I’m sure I looked before when someone asked and it did fit of a fashion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah that was me, it was this thread i cut and pasted the list of bIt’s you needed too!

Glad you managed to find the rest of it though!

I’ll keep an eye out for you incase I see a set badly listed
yeah I thought it was as the list was exactly the same aha

i have so far bought the:

• Thule 711220 roof rack
  • Thule 774 roof adaptors
  • Thule Rapid System 754 Roof Rack Foot

all is I'm missing is the bloody Thule Rapid System adapter kit no. 1366 :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may find the roof is a different shape on the later cars, when I get home from work in a couple of days I’ll place the R53 roof I have on the R56 to see how it sits, if it looks like its not far off then you may be able to get away with a later base, I’m sure I looked before when someone asked and it did fit of a fashion
ah okay yeah that would be really helpful mate! I don't suppose you would happen to know what product number that would be for the later fitting set?

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,161 Posts
So it’s just the bit that attaches into the short roof adapter that clamps under the door seal your after, I thought it was the feet looking at the link above but you have them

·
Registered
8 Posts
So it’s just the bit that attaches into the short roof adapter that clamps under the door seal your after, I thought it was the feet looking at the link above but you have them
Yeah although I think the fitting bit with the roof adapter comes with it so hopefully that won’t be a problem. It’s the fitting attatchments to the feet I need that also clamps under the door seal I think? But to answer your question yes I do/have purchased the feet

·
Registered
8 Posts
It sure is a minefield!

When you get your bits stick some pics up here and I’ll compare it with mine to see exactly what bits you need!
So I’ve got most of the bits I’m just waiting on the fitting part now but I’ve just tried to test the roof rack with the short roof adapter but I am unable to fit/hang it together? Is the the roof rack I’ve chosen not compatible with the short roof adapter? I’ve got the Thule Wingbar Evo? Any ideas :(

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,161 Posts
Mine is a square bar one, not sure if the evo will work

However having a look at Halfords the wing bar does have a short channel in the underside, do you have the little U channel clips that come with the short bar kit, they should/could slide into the groove on the wing bar behind the feet so the short roof adapter will sit in it

it’s a bit hard to explain without the rack in front of me but I’ll be home tomorrow if you need pics

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
1,161 Posts
Anywhere near Worthing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is a square bar one, not sure if the evo will work

However having a look at Halfords the wing bar does have a short channel in the underside, do you have the little U channel clips that come with the short bar kit, they should/could slide into the groove on the wing bar behind the feet so the short roof adapter will sit in it

it’s a bit hard to explain without the rack in front of me but I’ll be home tomorrow if you need pics
yeahh thank you! I eventually figured it out the instructions that came with the adapter were absolutely terrible aha

yeah I’ve seen the item you sent me I might drop him a message and see what happens if I have problems with the one I’m building atm

21 - 32 of 32 Posts