MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a Thule roof rack setup for an R53.

Preferably with black aerobats but I'll consider anything.

In Ireland but happy to pay postage if necessary for the right product.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Hello mate,

To fit a Thule roof rack to the R53 you need the following;

1 x Thule (132) Rapid System feet (4) no. 754 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Rapid System adapter kit no. 1366 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Rapid System Short Roof Adapter no. 774 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Professional 120cm heavy-duty bars (2) no. 390 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)

I have the short roof adapters for sale if necessary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate,

To fit a Thule roof rack to the R53 you need the following;

1 x Thule (132) Rapid System feet (4) no. 754 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Rapid System adapter kit no. 1366 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Rapid System Short Roof Adapter no. 774 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)
1 x Thule Professional 120cm heavy-duty bars (2) no. 390 (Mini Cooper three door (2001 to 2006)

I have the short roof adapters for sale if necessary.

Thanks for the help pal,

I just bit the bullet and ordered all new but with the Wingbar Evo bars. The Thule configurator on their website recommended the square bars too but from what I can tell the Wingbar Evo is compatible with 754 feet so should work out fine, I had them on my Discovery before and they're super quiet and no difference in fuel consumption with them fitted so hopefully that'll work out well for me!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the help pal,

I just bit the bullet and ordered all new but with the Wingbar Evo bars. The Thule configurator on their website recommended the square bars too but from what I can tell the Wingbar Evo is compatible with 754 feet so should work out fine, I had them on my Discovery before and they're super quiet and no difference in fuel consumption with them fitted so hopefully that'll work out well for me!
Also looking at a Thule roofbox for Covid Staycations, please share a photo once you've installed. Would be handy to know prices shipped to Irl too. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also looking at a Thule roofbox for Covid Staycations, please share a photo once you've installed. Would be handy to know prices shipped to Irl too. Thanks

Hey Ross, I will indeed! Just waiting for the adapter kit to arrive and I'll have the whole shebang.

I ordered the following:

Amazon
Thule 711220 Wingbar Evo Black
Thule 774 Transport System
Thule 754002 Foot Pack

€276.33 incl. shipping

eBay
Thule 1366 Rapid Fitting Kit

€59.84 incl. shipping

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I’ve got a new and unused 1066 rapid fitting kit which I’d be happy to sell at a discounted price. If anyone wants it just DM me

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks lads, it's the daily so doesn't get kept as clean as some of the garage queens on here but it's not as bad as the photos might suggest! The chunky tyres are a godsend though, much less harsh than 17s it came on and I'm a big fan of the fat tyre vibe myself...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts