MiniTorque.com banner
12K views 71 replies 20 participants last post by  Mini turbo 
#1 · (Edited)
-

Hello There!

i have recently just purchased my first Mini Cooper S R56 and am absolutely loving it!

Mods Done and Mod's To Come:

-New Tyres - (Done)
-Pressed Plates - (Done)
-Indicator Silver Bulbs - (Done)
-JCW Stage 1 Airbox - (Done)
-Exhaust - (Done)
-Braided Brake Lines - (Done)
-Brakes(Possibly Big Brakes)
-2nd Set of Wheels - (Done)
-CAE Quickshifter
-Orranje G-Wing

Pictures to Follow :thumbup1:

#7 ·
Can a MOD move this ive been a tit and put lowering springs on by mistake :thumbdown:

Efa

In the manner of old top top gear
+ 100 points for enthusiasm
- 110 for springs

Take on board 75% or more of the advice offered here and your be on the right track

Sometimes offered in a direct manner, but mostly with good intentions

#5 ·
if it was me, make sure you get a health check done on that engine. Compression test etc, check for carbon build up, timing chain and High pressure fuel pump, if they are all gravy then mod the engine. i came from a 58 plate Cooper S and it had 2 engine rebuilds in my time!!

the list of mods sound good tho!!

#8 ·
-Coilovers
-Rear Anti-Roll Bar
-Operation Track Day Slimming
-Roll bar/cage
-New Tyres
-Pressed Plates
-Indicator Silver Bulbs
-Some Yolo $wag wheels
-Full GP Geometric setup
-Polybushing
-Bucket Recaros
-Struts, Struts and more Struts
-Cold Air Intake
-Exhaust
-Remap
-Charge Pipe
-Blacked Surrounds
-Braided Brake Lines
-Brakes(Possibly Big Brakes)
Morning!! If you are a budget & want to build a good track car, bin all the other stuff (do it later) and just do the bits in bold.
You dont really need big brakes, some Carbotech XP8 pads in your standard setup will be fine.
Extra power is nothing, without control :tongue_smilie:

#9 · (Edited)
Things needed for a track weapon:
-Coilovers (You fitted springs, you have failed)
-Rear Anti-Roll Bar
-Operation Track Day Slimming (Taking out rear seats and panels... good idea but the weight you'll save you will put back on with a Big Mac from McDonalds)
-Roll bar/cage (Save your money... R56's are brilliant at rolling without a cage)
-New Tyres (Toyo R888's or your car isnt a track weapon)
-Braided Brake Lines (Should be first on your list)
-Brakes(Possibly Big Brakes) (As should this!!)
-Full GP Geometric setup (haha, firstly get coilovers, front and rear droplinks, get rear control arms... amongst other suspension bits, then get this done)
-Polybushing (Unless you do the whole car, its pointless)
-Bucket Recaros (OEM JCW ones? they are around 1.5k, maybe go for Corbeau Clubsports and get them retrimmed? it'll be cheaper)
-Struts, Struts and more Struts (For what reason?)
-Cold Air Intake (Depending on how much of a "weapon" you want your car to be... depends on if you go for open box or a closed box)
-Exhaust (Now, if you want a loud track car, go get a challenge exhaust and decat it, but i promise you, you'll be unable to take it on any UK trackdays...)
-Remap (1320 Mini and Lohen have Manic Tunes which are the best ones around... others do exist but we dont talk about these...)
-Charge Pipe (JDM tow hook and JDM stickers aswell?)

Things a stance show car needs:
-Some Yolo $wag wheels
-Blacked Surrounds
-Pressed Plates
-Indicator Silver Bulbs

You have missed out,

-Intercooler
-Uprated Turbo
-Harnesses
-Oil Cooler
-Orranje G-wing

Welcome to MT

FYI this is a Track Weapon:
http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f272/rxy-reborn-71953/

This post has been deleted
#46 ·
Good Evening to you all,

I have been looking at a few extra mods like exhausts and intakes. where is the best place to get the top half of a JCW airbox as to my knowledge the system is identical to my standard S except the top half? if any one knows please let me know as i would ideally want a closed box setup.
Is this true, as the mount on the front left of my airbox is broken on my Works, and was going to get a whole new airbox for JCW, but can save the pennies if its a standard bottom part, I can pic up a standard R56 Cooper S bottom intake if thats the case.

Cheers

#35 ·
I'm running 15mm front and rear Kav Motorsport spacers, car sits beautifully I think on the standard S wheels, I also chose the white line rear anti roll bar, I've put mine on the middle setting and it's perfect! In combination with the XYZ Coilovers it handles like its on rails even with my crap tyres :D

Coilovers are set on medium dampening both front and rear :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.