MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new laptop with windows 7 pre loaded. It came with a free windows 8 upgrade but i don't know if i should install it or not.

Does anyone have it and what do you think of it?

yey:thumbup1: or nae:thumbdown:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't do it - it's like they designed the whole OS for a tablet then put in a desktop mode with a few hot corners so you can eventually find stuff. Windows 7 is the new XP; it'll be the most widely used Windows OS for a while I think.

·
Administrator
17,320 Posts
Had Windows 8 on my laptop and wasn't a fan so went back to 7. However just got a new touchscreen all in one pc with 8 and it works better as it seems like its designed with touchscreen in mind.

However, agree with the comments on 7, great platform so would probably stick with that.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Windows 8 Boots slower for me because some of the intial boot code is coded for mobile CPU's.

Rather than release a square, triangle and rectangle shape OS Versions. they have just released a "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" version.

BAD CHOICE

·
Registered
129 Posts
Simply don't do it!

I've recently bought a win 8 laptop for my GFs mother, and what a pile of shite...
Seriously win 7, or buy a mac if you wanna learn a new OS (which is what you'll be doing with win 8)

I've even lodged a complaint with Microsoft about it not being fit for purpose with distribution on a standard non touch screen laptop. And some lady high up caught it and asked if I'd like a 'downgrade'

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
For me windows 7 has ran the best out of all so far, i know that it has its foibles but has by far been the most stable and infact gobbled less of my cpu and ram than xp did. If you fine tune it enough its really not that bad.

I used the win 8 open access beta version for a while, it was piss poor.

As said above it felt like it was designed for a tablet. Windows need to fix it quickly or it will kill pc gaming in a big hurry.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I'm struggling / swearing at it on a lot of things .....but Jake (13) doesn't have a problem, so I'm putting it down to my age and I'm shit with computers :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts