MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i was wondering if the JCW recaro seats from a R56 will fit in a R53. If so is it a major job?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi all,
I've just bought the front R56 seats non Jcw : somebody have a "how to" to fit them in a R53
In advance thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nobody:crying::crying:
i tried to search in internet but this is like an urban legend :
can i plug the airbag connector from the R56 seat in the R53 connector? I can pick up the connector from the old seats and change the connector on the R56, will it work ( no AIRBAG LED ON)
The heater is a brown connector but i need to check if it work by simply put a 12V on
PLease help if you made the same mod: I will made a tuto later on

·
Registered
101 Posts
now I have a few moment to start this mod.
Connector for the R53:

the connector for the Airbag is OK but on the R56's seats after disconnected the black box , you have 4 connectors, 5 for the passager's seat :Yellow is the airbag, Black the heater, blue the belt pre-tensioner, the flat cable is the passenger present cable but the brown ? :mads:

It's look like a same wire as a heater , could it be that the heater is divide in 2 cables on the R56' seats ? orther ?
in advance thanks for your reply

·
Registered
101 Posts

I found it in planet-BMW wiring diagram: the brown is a backrest seat heater. Now you need to connect in // the black connector's wires and the brown one

·
Dead One
2,726 Posts
Extra connector in the passenger seat will be the seat occupancy sensor.

R56 has 5 wires for the heater, bundled into 2 connectors, one each from the back apd and the seat pad.
The heater cables should be pretty obvious as they're thick high current ones, brown is the neutral, so the other wire is +ve. Just connect the neutrals together and +ve pairs in parallel to the equivalent wires 1 & 2 in the R53 plug.
The other wire from the seat base is the thermostat, so you'll need to connect that to the 3rd thinner wire in the R53 plug.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sorry sounds that I missed something: if i'm following your recommendation, I will have for the R56 seat's side 5 wires
- 1 wire is for the thermostat, small pink/white and it can be directly connect on the R53 connector wire easy ;)
- 2 wires brown from the R56 seats are connect together and there are going to the R53 connector brown wire
- 2 +ve wires green/ violet are connected together and and there are going to the R53 connector green/violet wire
this is what you're meaning ? in advance thanks for your replay

·
Registered
101 Posts
I finished the first step: soldering the both cable and prepare the connection

cut the connectors from the R56's seats

final result

1 - 17 of 17 Posts