MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on adding an Innovate LC2 wideband sensor to keep a monitor on the AFR in the Mini. However, one question.

I'm running standard manifold + catalytic converter, but I have disabled the second lambda sensor. Can I use that position for the LC2, or does it have to sit before the cat?
I will only be using it for an AFR gauge and some datalogging while remapping.

(Ideally I would have replaced the first sensor with the innovate, but I can see that the analog output of the LC2 is too slow to be used as a simulated Narowband sensor)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Have you got your sensor yet?

I ask as I have an Innovate sensor & interface (can't remember the model specifics) that I could be willing to sell on as I no longer have the car it was bought for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ideally before the cat but as long as your aware of the difference a Cat makes to the AFR numbers (google it if not) then its ok after the cat and tune accordingly, i know many tune with a tailpipe clamped wideband (so well after the cat) and while not ideal it can be done effectively if you fully aware of how thing are affected doing so, a lot depends how close to the limits you want to get as well, closer you get to the limits the more accurate the data you need to be safe, so before cat AFR and EGT monitoring etc is best but for milder tuning not essential.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not planning on going to the extreme - but I need to know that I'm within reasonable limits. I'm aware of the difference in readings before and after cat - and I should be able to compensate for it in the firmware/software of the WB controller.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you got your sensor yet?

I ask as I have an Innovate sensor & interface (can't remember the model specifics) that I could be willing to sell on as I no longer have the car it was bought for.
Sounds good, I used Innovate on my old Diesels, so I prefer an Innovate again.

How much do you want for it, and is it LC1 or LC2 ?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Whats the interface? The brains of it or the gauge?
There is a display interface which was made by Innovate, I think it is called the OT2 or similar.

It plugs into the OBD port to allow the display of engine sensors on laptop/ipad/iphone and it also works as the interface for the wideband sensor allowing you to display real-time lambda sensor readings.

It can do many things including work as a "rolling road dyno" on the move for working out power curves etc.

It is quite accurate when the correct data is put in.

My r53 & previous e36 were both within 1hp of wheel HP when I did my runs a few years ago, which is when it was last used (Just using OBD data not O2 sensor data as I never got to fit it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is a display interface which was made by Innovate, I think it is called the OT2 or similar.

It plugs into the OBD port to allow the display of engine sensors on laptop/ipad/iphone and it also works as the interface for the wideband sensor allowing you to display real-time lambda sensor readings.

It can do many things including work as a "rolling road dyno" on the move for working out power curves etc.

It is quite accurate when the correct data is put in.

My r53 & previous e36 were both within 1hp of wheel HP when I did my runs a few years ago, which is when it was last used (Just using OBD data not O2 sensor data as I never got to fit it.

I hadn't noticed Innovate did these now quite handy by sounds of it, so if ive got this right you have the Wideband controller/Sensor like LC2 etc which is MTS compatible which then plugs into the OT2 interface, which in turn is connected to the cars OBD socket so you can then datalog the OBD info from car and add in the Wideband AFR info ? I could be interested in it if the OP isnt as my wideband setup is pretty old and logging is always a hassle with different software and hookups etc.

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,637 Posts
you also have the MTX-L which has no separate module, it's all in the head unit, this specific gauge will also log to ByteTroniK's Miniport if the Full Access version is bought, so it facilitates DIY or remote tuning

Reactions: thetyrant

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I hadn't noticed Innovate did these now quite handy by sounds of it, so if ive got this right you have the Wideband controller/Sensor like LC2 etc which is MTS compatible which then plugs into the OT2 interface, which in turn is connected to the cars OBD socket so you can then datalog the OBD info from car and add in the Wideband AFR info ? I could be interested in it if the OP isnt as my wideband setup is pretty old and logging is always a hassle with different software and hookups etc.
That is basically it in a nut shell. As I said, I only ever actually used it in OBD mode, which is very useful for data logging/mock rolling road mode in itself. With the Wideband installed it becomes even more useful.

I bought a second hand iphone 4s to use as an interface when I had it as they were pretty cheap, but obviously something bigger is even better.

IIRC it works more effectively on i devices that laptops, hence why I bought a cheap iphone which has never been used for anything else either.

The manual for the software & OT2 are readily available on Innovate's website for more detailed info.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
It was discontinued & no longer supported, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I will have a look through my historical downloads when I check what I have as I get home.

If nothing else, I have it on the iphone mentioned & definitely had it for my win laptop at the time also, will have a look.

ETA.
A quick look on innovate motorsports website has the manual, the quick start guide and firmware update utility in the legacy section at the bottom of the support page.

There is also the logworks software & manual download for windows at the top of the page.

Also, as I don't use idevices I don't know if this works but a quick search found this.
Font Rectangle Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
OK, I am now home & have had a look what I have, so here goes.

I have the OT2 as previously mentioned.
The manual & hopefully software are available online.
FYI the one time that I needed assistance with this & contacted the company in USA they were exceedingly helpful and within a couple of days while they replied & then I got back to them again for more info I was quickly up & running, so even though they officially no longer support this I would like to think they could still help.

I also have the LC2 with a Bosch 4.9 wideband sensor, complete with all cables, controller & manual.
This has never been used.

On top of those, I have an Iphone 4S with the Logworks software loaded on it, alas I can't find the charger lead so can't really confirm it still works.

A quick look at this doesn't show a direct connection from one to the other, but I am sure I had come to the conclusion that it was indeed possible as there are input/output cables/sockets on both of the above devices, but I could be wrong.

If anyone is interested, then get in touch, I am open to offers.
Circuit component Gas Electronic component Electronic engineering Ac adapter
Gas Font Auto part Automotive tire Wire
Product Material property Font Packing materials Plastic bag
Adapter Ac adapter Cable Adapter Battery charger
Gas Tool Cable Audio equipment Wire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Font Automotive wheel system

1 - 19 of 19 Posts