MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That's no different to mines and I've got extra warning light things in the rev counter.

Just tryna think how does that work given you don't have it.

Like for e.g the traction light is on the rev counter.

Where is that in your case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's no different to mines and I've got extra warning light things in the rev counter.

Just tryna think how does that work given you don't have it.

Like for e.g the traction light is on the rev counter.

Where is that in your case.

I’ll be honest as it’s only a Mini One I doubt it has a traction light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Right then, I’m semi successful. Plugged it in tonight for a quick check and it lights up and rev needle works.

However, the temp is set at -40 and the 3 warning lights stay permanently lit. So I’m guessing I need someone to turn these off. 1 looks to be a cruise control, 1 a warning triangle and 1 a seatbelt light but have tried plugging all the seat belts in and it still doesn’t go off.

Pic below to show what I mean:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yeah green one must be cruise and yellow is traction control.

Probably a coding job yes.

For what it's worth you might as well just strip the counter open and just take the bulbs out lol.

You don't have cruise or traction control right?

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,052 Posts
and ambient temp perhaps because you have no sensor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah green one must be cruise and yellow is traction control.

Probably a coding job yes.

For what it's worth you might as well just strip the counter open and just take the bulbs out lol.

You don't have cruise or traction control right?

Now that is actually a good idea. Hadn’t thought of stripping the bulbs out but yea don’t have traction or cruise control.

and ambient temp perhaps because you have no sensor?
Yea very true, would be handy but not a necessary requirement if there’s no sensor as standard. Main thing is the rev counter which has made her happy

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,052 Posts
it will have traction control surely? ASC?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
it will have traction control surely? ASC?
I don’t think so, it’s only a Mini One so I don’t think it has. If it has I’ve never noticed it before and we’ve had wheelspin in it before and never had anything kick in or flash up on the main dash

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
My old One had it, but means nothing I guess, not a bad thing, less to go wrong, car is lighter, and better for tuning haha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Next question guys. Has anyone had a rev counter apart to attack the bulbs? If so, how do you get the needle off to separate the front from the back. I got that far stripping it down but couldn’t free off the needle easily and didn’t want to try just brute force pulling at it in case I broke it.

Is there any trick to releasing it or is it as simple as grip and pull for it to pop off?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Might as well mention it now. When putting it back together. Plug in the rev counter, put ignition key in and to the position just before car starts, then gently put the needle back on pointed at the zero.
I found that to be the only way to get it calibrated correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well I finally got round to splitting it back apart again today and snapped out the little bulbs for the 3 warning lights. Built it all back up including plugging it in to put the needle back on, cheers Joe as I wouldn’t have thought of that, but now I’ve come to find another problem:

The plate above the steering wheel that this sits onto doesn’t appear to be threaded. Can’t appear to use a normal bolt as the underside of said bracket is at a 45 degree angle so won’t sit right.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It should just connect and work if I recall correctly last time I did it. You need to code if you add the additional computer button. I will check out if you actually need to add it to the vehicle order to get it working
hi did you get this done .

21 - 38 of 38 Posts