MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after establishing I have the right green plug already in place under the steering cowl, I’ve bought a rev counter to retrofit into the wife’s Mini One.

From what I’ve read, it’ll need someone to code it in/enable it. Does anyone have any contacts on who could do that for me please?

We live in Coventry if there’s anyone local to that?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,754 Posts
Yes you can. You'll need an rpm signal, there isn't one to the original rev counter as it runs off a can-bus signal, but there is one to the one port (along with power, which you'll also need)

·
Chop it
3,798 Posts
Great stuff! Once the rev counter arrives I’ll drop you a message to get it sorted

It should just connect and work if I recall correctly last time I did it. You need to code if you add the additional computer button. I will check out if you actually need to add it to the vehicle order to get it working

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I dont get why you don't have a rev meter by default though.

Do these mini's really get sold out the factory without a rev meter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont get why you don't have a rev meter by default though.

Do these mini's really get sold out the factory without a rev meter.

Yea that was exactly our thought as well. The car has got the sunroof so not like they bought it new with no extras at all so why not spec a rev counter.

It should just connect and work if I recall correctly last time I did it. You need to code if you add the additional computer button. I will check out if you actually need to add it to the vehicle order to get it working
Possibly then. I thought that might be the case but have seen a few posts across the internet saying it needs coding/turning on so will see when it arrives.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder why it was removed though?

It's probably plug and play otherwise.

I don’t think it was removed, more the fact I don’t think it ever came with one. I think I’m right in saying the rev counter was part of an optional extra pack (Chilli Pack maybe??) so I’m assuming the original buyer never specced it on to begin with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow thats surprising lol.. how do people without rev counters know when to change gears ?

Drive it by the seat of your pants I drive it by feel but the Mrs isn’t as brave to rev is as high as I do without being able to see a rev counter hence me fitting one.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I fully get you but it doesn't sound right.

Where does your traction light and other warning lights illuminate then?

A previous owner probably removed it on your car.

I mean I intend on removing mine and replacing it with a tablet so it is possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I fully get you but it doesn't sound right.

Where does your traction light and other warning lights illuminate then?

A previous owner probably removed it on your car.

I mean I intend on removing mine and replacing it with a tablet so it is possible.

They’re all in the main speedo dial within the centre of the dash.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts