MiniTorque.com banner

Where to go for tuning!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Kansai 
#1 ·
Hi all hope someone can point us in the right direction we want to get our mini remapped.
However you hear so many horror stories of them blowing up
Also the manic map seems to me that it's just a generic map which surely can't be safe as every car performs different.Wouldnt a custom map be better for the car?

Mods
Airtech fmic
Decat
Evo spark plugs
Aem induction

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Pretty sure 1320 and Lohen all use the same manic maps for the mini, only person who is pushing custom work for the R56 is Millsy but that means a standalone ECU. Then again Millsy is the only person I would take an R56 to anyway.

Reactions: bullet
#5 ·
Because Jason eats what he sells so to speak, he's invested a lot of his own money in pushing the boundaries in the R56 and won't just sell you a canned tune, he can do tunes and the like but he will also be honest about the risks.

Reactions: bullet
#10 ·
Is your car an N14 or N18? An engine health check prior to remapping would be prudent along with a decoke depending on mileage / what sort of life the car has had.

As others have said, I would also (and do) take my car to Millsy's Autos.

The Manic map might be 'generic/canned' but its the product of years of development on demo cars sporting your very same generic mods. Yes there are horror stories but mechanical sympathy, ensuring your oil is always topped up, decent fuel etc go a long way to preventing failure. Regular check ups at a decent garage such as Millsy's also help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.