MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I’m looking for some help with sourcing the right parts for my forged N14 build.

Ideally I’d like an off the shelf kit with all the bits for a decent forged setup, forged pistons, steel rods, bearings, bolts and studs etc.

I know Lohen have some options and the Config 2 looks to be what I need but does anyone have any other recommendations?

My builder primarily deals with Wossner but they don’t seem to do pistons in 10:1 JCW CR.

(Or should I just go 10.5:1 MCS? I’m planning a hybrid turbo to match the build....)

Id like a one stop shop if possible, don’t really want or have time to shop about lots of individual orders.

Any pointers?

·
Resident Gobshite
4,181 Posts
SRR build numerous Forged N14s, including my own.
Reach out to them as they’ll probably supply a kit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. I’ve reached out to SRR and had a great chat but unfortunately they don’t offer a kit as such. Not managed to get through to 1320 yet but I’ll give them and Orannje a shout today.

Lockdown really does make things more difficult!

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Fwiw I have a set of ZRP H beam rods with ARP2000 bolts, ARP head set, ARP bottom end set, standard size race big ends (Mahle I think), standard size race mains (King I think), standard thrusts (King I think), and can also supply Wossner pistons, I have one set due which are 77.5's but they have standard and .25 over also, I can supply ZRP forged cranks, and fwiw I have a block in the machine shop due to go to 77.5 but it isn't having a CSS etc. It isn't yet done but food for thought if you're after a donor block....

Reactions: seb80

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
I do have some but untested ;O)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys

The big driver was the change in CR to the JCW 10:1. However, i'm leaning back towards keeping thestandard MCS 10.5:1 - probably with Wossner pistons and PEC rods. Once i've at least got teh block rebuild progressing keep your eye out for a Project build thread for the rest of it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts