MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting some AP's for my R56 Cooper and now that it will be low, I can get some non OEM rims.

Decided on 16's as I want it low..but not too low without an archgap. Problem is; 16 inch tyres are quite a bit more expensive than 15's.

So just want to know if anyone's running 15's or 16's and can post a picture of their ride and what tyre sizes they're running. Would like a bit of stretch and I'm thinking a 195 on an 8J rim.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Not sure about 15s on an r56, they'll probably look far too small

16s will look better, they may still look pretty small, they work well on an r53 though!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would like TD 1.2s or Turinis. There's a set of Turinis for sale on here but by the time I've collected them and bought tyres I'm up at £700 ish. Don't really want to spend that much.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went for some TD 1.2's on 205 40 17 Toyo's. Wheels look great atm but will look even better when the coilovers are on :) Pics when I have installed lows :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was originally going for some stance with a fair whack of stretch but decided against it last minute and I'm glad I made that choice. Want to be able to drive it fairly hard and not worry about the bead popping off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts