MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, in need of help please, I have an R50 and I've upgraded the rear to R56 trailing arms etc, new discs/pads HB cables and new R50 speed sensors with adapters so they fit, I didn't use R56 ones as I've been told the ECU won't like them?

So I've bled the brakes,adjusted the HB been on a test drive and the ABS light comes on after driving for one minute roughly along with the tyre pressure monitor even though all the tyre pressures are spot on.

I've replaced the rear left wheel sensor for another new one and put a brand new hub on the rear left and after clearing the fault the light comes on again with the exact same fault registering!

Also you can feel the pedal do the ABS pulse gently when you brake sometimes aswell, which it never did before.
I'm pulling my hair out as I've no idea what to try next??

Mobile phone Output device Portable communications device Communication Device Telephony

Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Output device Gadget

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Next obvious thing for me would be to check there is a signal getting to the ECU from the sensor.

With a digital multimeter on AC you should see something when rotating the wheel.

Alternatively you could try point-to-point wiring checks.

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,344 Posts
Hi, I replied to this on fb, I saw you have checked the sensors are flat against the arm, if you still have the old arms I'd be inclined to connect the sensor to an old one next to the car and turn its bearing by hand which should read in live data

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I replied to this on fb, I saw you have checked the sensors are flat against the arm, if you still have the old arms I'd be inclined to connect the sensor to an old one next to the car and turn its bearing by hand which should read in live data
Hi, have just replied to you again on FB, I took the sensor back out and looked at it properly as I didn't have time to look at it in depth yesterday, I noticed today that the adapter was standing proud by 1.5mm roughly (totally my fault!) I gently tapped it back in flush, put sensor back In, reset abs fault, went for a drive and hey presto job done!
Can't thank you enough for your help 🍻

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,344 Posts
great news!

thanks 🍻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts