MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

so I鈥檝e got my grubby mits on an R52 馃榿 and am wondering what to fiddly with first. I鈥檝e already ordered some aero grills for the front and am thinking of changing the side repeaters.
what鈥檚 it like fitting a double din stereo in ?
K&N induction kit possible?
Too many options and a weekend of no wife to tell me not to buy stuff 馃ぃ
Cheers

Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
drop in air filter and a mild performance cam ;O)

Reactions: Mat77

Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
Double din is not too bad to do if you have the balls to cut the dash up a bit, get a 3D print surround off eBay and go for something with a 1/2 depth chassis, no messing about behind to get it to fit, swap the speakers in it too at the same time iirc they are 6.5s in the rear unlike the normal car which has 6x9s

k+n 57i is nice on the R52, a nice deep roar (even better when combined with a nice stainless scorpion exhaust!)

mine was a ONE so I put a bluefin on it which made it cooper power which was fun

of course your first mod could be a nice stainless strut brace (which I just happen to have for sale in the classifieds!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Double din is not too bad to do if you have the balls to cut the dash up a bit, get a 3D print surround off eBay and go for something with a 1/2 depth chassis, no messing about behind to get it to fit, swap the speakers in it too at the same time iirc they are 6.5s in the rear unlike the normal car which has 6x9s

k+n 57i is nice on the R52, a nice deep roar (even better when combined with a nice stainless scorpion exhaust!)

mine was a ONE so I put a bluefin on it which made it cooper power which was fun

of course your first mod could be a nice stainless strut brace (which I just happen to have for sale in the classifieds!)
Cheers Jim. I鈥檒l message you about the strut brace although I鈥檓 a new member with a gmail account?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts