MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm very new to owning a mini and i have a 2008 R56 cooper S.
The car is currently stock i would like to get more performance out of it in the coming months.
I have about 1500 to spend, at the moment.
I know i would like to get some Bola b1s (unsure on size and width and tires) on the mini and will be going to a local custom exhaust manufacturer for a valved exhaust (unsure on type),
Any info you could give me in regards to order of mods and what to do to keep engine health and mods for better performance would be much appreciated.

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Probably get the most performance out of more air and an chip, so racing filter, chip and as much as you can on the manifold/exhaust. Think there’s a replacement CAT kit that makes it sound much more meaty too. Although if you’ve not had the high pressure fuel pump done yet, I’d set aside £500 for that as it’s only a matter of time

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bigger turbo would add stress to an already slightly fragile engine btw and require upgrading loads of other bits to handle it. Look at the differences between the JCW version and the regular S for an idea of what you can do without messing with it too much. I think that’s just chip filter and exhaust in the engine before you get into the brakes and suspension

·
Resident Gobshite
4,162 Posts
Coilovers first. APs are cheap but frowned upon.

wheels are a personal preferencebut depends what you want from the car. Personally wouldn’t touch Bolas. Better to spend money on a second hand set of reputable wheels.

Reactions: Stevie_r56

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great guide there, found this back in the summer. Might get the £20 spring to reduce turbo lag (even though it’s fine) and the air filter exchange sounds like a great idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts