MiniTorque.com banner

3701 - 3720 of 3747 Posts

·
www.jason-steel.co.uk
519 Posts
This week I started to perform an oil service only to find that the mechanics had ridiculously overtightened both the sump plug and the oil filter casing so I couldn't get either of them undone. To make things worse they'd partly rounded off the sump plug nut bolt too. So the car has sat up on axle stands waiting for a new sump plug to be delivered and for a mechanic to come round and get both sump plug and oil filter casing undone. My mechanic had great difficulty getting them undone and said he'd never known these to be done up so tight on any other car. I'm glad it wasn't just me that was struggling then! Anyway, all sorted now.

On a happier note I fitted an OMP lower brace which gave me no trouble at all. I have a strut-brace, cabrio-braces and a rear strut-brace already fitted but this lower brace is the only one that has made a noticeable improvement on the handling. Well worth having! I picked mine up from Vecchio Engineering Ltd for £64.45 including delivery so it was cheaper than either of my other strut-braces as well. And since ordering mine they have come down in price and are currently only £62 including delivery! OMP Front Lower Brace - BMW MINI - Vecchio Engineering

Jason

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This week I started to perform an oil service only to find that the mechanics had ridiculously overtightened both the sump plug and the oil filter casing so I couldn't get either of them undone. To make things worse they'd partly rounded off the sump plug nut bolt too. So the car has sat up on axle stands waiting for a new sump plug to be delivered and for a mechanic to come round and get both sump plug and oil filter casing undone. My mechanic had great difficulty getting them undone and said he'd never known these to be done up so tight on any other car. I'm glad it wasn't just me that was struggling then! Anyway, all sorted now.

On a happier note I fitted an OMP lower brace which gave me no trouble at all. I have a strut-brace, cabrio-braces and a rear strut-brace already fitted but this lower brace is the only one that has made a noticeable improvement on the handling. Well worth having! I picked mine up from Vecchio Engineering Ltd for £64.45 including delivery so it was cheaper than either of my other strut-braces as well. And since ordering mine they have come down in price and are currently only £62 including delivery! OMP Front Lower Brace - BMW MINI - Vecchio Engineering

Jason
Had the same issue on my R53 very recently. Was tightened ridiculously tight. Bought all sorts of tools to try and get it undone, in the end took it to my cousin a mechanic.
Was meant to save money changing it myself!

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
^ The lower strut braces is a great mod, unless you're low, in which case, it's not so good as every time you go over a speed bump you will know about it! :D

·
www.jason-steel.co.uk
519 Posts
Had the same issue on my R53 very recently. Was tightened ridiculously tight. Bought all sorts of tools to try and get it undone, in the end took it to my cousin a mechanic.
Was meant to save money changing it myself!
It's so frustrating! It should be such a simple task. My mechanic did ask if I wanted him to change the oil and fit the new filter and plug whilst he was there but I was determined to do it myself, I just needed the damn things un-tightening for me! lol

^ The lower strut braces is a great mod, unless you're low, in which case, it's not so good as every time you go over a speed bump you will know about it! :D
I have already discovered this. It's definitely not speed bump-friendly!

Jason

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bought Alskis mini a week ago, which was well specked as most will know, but had some parts left over from splitting my old mini, so Quaif e atb, lightened flywheel, ati damper and fx 400 clutch, gone in this week, and front and rear droplinks,and wheels had a refurb, and new pads waiting to be fitted, so not a bad start to my new track day toy.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Most of us have to pay VAT though :lol:
They are a bit hit and miss, their OEM fuel pump is a whopping £100 more than dealership prices, and their fuel pressure regulator is double :confused1:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey I've just had delivered some OZ Ultraleggera 17x7 ET44 in mat black thinking of the R56 brembo brakes next but don't know if they will fit with out wheel spacers lol.

3701 - 3720 of 3747 Posts