MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 3738 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what mods have you done in the last week? Thought it time someone started one of these, so tell everyone what you have been doing to your MINI this week. Anything counts, little or large.

Myself, I just finished fitting an auto-dimming mirror to my 03 MCS. It originally came from a cab, so had facelift wiring and funky bracket, so its taken me the best part of 3 hours to modify it to fit, and get the wires done. It was well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Well, not really a mod as such but today I had two new tyres and the week before I had two new ones - so £440 later my car is sporting new boots all round.

I've had two bloody punctures in the space of 14 days - nightmare! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Sounds interesting Graham - how far into the design process are you, or is it just preliminary work at the moment? :)

·
Bugger
25,170 Posts
going through all the screws inside its learned a new squeak this week i may also get off my but and fit my springs at some point and my new m7 cai is just waiting to clear customs

·
Registered
166 Posts
I fitted the NMS Parrot bluetooth kit with MSFW integration, I also finally got round to fixing the anoying buzz from the doors/speakers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sounds interesting Graham - how far into the design process are you, or is it just preliminary work at the moment? :)
The intercooler design is finished, I know how I'm running the pipe work, but just wanted to check. Had to take the front off my car anyway to be honest to take my pre-rad off, so while I was at it took the opportunity to get my tape measure out!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
knocked down 265whp on 11.68psi of boost

something I had thought long and hard on for quite some time... finally found the time to put it to test

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didnt sell your car in the end then Bluecoopers?

Well, within the last weekn I bought a Cooper S, spent £45 on petrol and £50 on cleaning goodies for it :)

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
The intercooler design is finished, I know how I'm running the pipe work, but just wanted to check. Had to take the front off my car anyway to be honest to take my pre-rad off, so while I was at it took the opportunity to get my tape measure out!
Hi Graham, will the FMIC need the aircon to be removed?
Cheers Neil :D

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Re-fitted the nitrous kit and actually connected the boost pipe to the data logger on the nitrous controller, be nice to see if it does effect boost.

Just need the Z cars BMW honda turbo to run quicker than 15.0 at 100 or for Roland or Lee to turn up at MITP so I can activate it ..... or maybe ModnMini twin

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Done nothing to mine due to waiting for parts.

However have started work on my potential track day project, Money is sitting there, looked at a few candiates and about to buy hopefully one of the best front Wheel Drive cars ever made, just can't believe how cheap they are.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Done nothing to mine due to waiting for parts.

However have started work on my potential track day project, Money is sitting there, looked at a few candiates and about to buy hopefully one of the best front Wheel Drive cars ever made, just can't believe how cheap they are.
Integra type R?

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Refitted my BBR scoop AKA chav's hat :p after reading MINI-Morgan's IAT testing thread (which kind of backed up my butt dyno).

With scoop fitted I've noticed a quicker recovery time ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Integra type R?
Nope cheaper than that, Ford Puma 1.7. Absoloutly amazing handling, cheap to set up, Prices start at 1000 quid for a good one.

First stage is to strip it out, sell on all the parts on ebay, remove air con and relocate battery to the boot. Then looking at a set of used coil overs which go for about 250 ish. Set of buckets

Probably need a clutch change as that seems to be going on most of the 80k ones i've seen, Engine is pretty much bullet proof, would only need manifold ,cam, and exhaust ( grp n stuff is cheap) and new intake and pushes it up to 150 bhp. Gearbox is the old Trusty B5 so again very good. When the clutch is out can slip in a Racing Puma LSD. Brakes can be uprated to larger mondeo discs and descent pads. Then track down a cheap roll cage, perspex side windows. Et Voila. A very very competent track car.

I have seen one in very similar spec run rings around much bigger stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Nope cheaper than that, Ford Puma 1.7. Absoloutly amazing handling, cheap to set up, Prices start at 1000 quid for a good one.

First stage is to strip it out, sell on all the parts on ebay, remove air con and relocate battery to the boot. Then looking at a set of used coil overs which go for about 250 ish. Set of buckets

Probably need a clutch change as that seems to be going on most of the 80k ones i've seen, Engine is pretty much bullet proof, would only need manifold ,cam, and exhaust ( grp n stuff is cheap) and new intake and pushes it up to 150 bhp. Gearbox is the old Trusty B5 so again very good. When the clutch is out can slip in a Racing Puma LSD. Brakes can be uprated to larger mondeo discs and descent pads. Then track down a cheap roll cage, perspex side windows. Et Voila. A very very competent track car.

I have seen one in very similar spec run rings around much bigger stuff.
I love the Ford Puma, sounds like an interesting track car!

I've got piles of stuff to do to my Mini, just sitting in my room with no time to do it :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have just upgraded my black 17" S - Spoke to some smashing little 15" Mini One alloys!...... only to get it through an MOT thats all as the tread is rather low on the others.

I have also purchased another MiniMania exhaust manifold with a cat on it, also Adam is porting the exhaust ports on the manifold for me!:D.

Anyone got a set of team dynamic pro race light weight wheels for sale?:rolleyes:

Alex

Attachments

1 - 20 of 3738 Posts