MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
Wow you guys are going for it my mate has stripped his ep3 completely and uses it every day I don't know if I could do that lol may take to rear seats out has they can be put back it 20ish kg is worth losing lol

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Unsprung mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia View attachment 4687

That may help - basically think about a push bike - the wheels are what you need to move with your own legs via the pedals/chain and if they are light it's a damn sight easier
Yea I had a read at that, it's not unsprung weight but rotational. From what I've read...

"Rotation weight loss is great as your car will rev easier, not necessarily gaining any horsepower but it will be more efficiently transferred to the ground with less weight having to be initially displaced.

The trade-off here is that you'll loose mass that transfers into motion, F=MA and when you subtract any amount of mass your overall force will be lower and thus initial torque onset will be lower until in motion."

Any ideas how much the stock cat back system weighs? I've heard its pretty heavy....

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
Wow you guys are going for it my mate has stripped his ep3 completely and uses it every day I don't know if I could do that lol may take to rear seats out has they can be put back it 20ish kg is worth losing lol
Nothing wrong with a bit of dedication, i need to get myself motivated :tongue_smilie:

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Any ideas how much the stock cat back system weighs? I've heard its pretty heavy....

Mine was one balled and has since gone - but when I picked up the two Milltek boxes they felt loads lighter so sorry no real data

Someone might have a old one to weigh

I'll stick up stock Mani/Cat and a few other bits tonight

·
Registered
370 Posts
I finally brought a scale to my raceshop. Here are the weights of some randomly selected items. Weights in kg and (lbs) for those of us in lesser developed nations.
Firewall insulation pad. 4.9. (10.8)
Boot with glass, no wiper. 12.7 (28.0)
A/C compressor. 5.4 (12.0)
A/C-heater-blower assembly. 8.5 (18.6)
Brake booster. 2.7 (6.0)
Four gas struts for boot/bonnet. 1.0 (2.3)
Clutch/brake pedal assembly 2.9 (6.5)
Steering wheel airbag. 1.4. (3.1)
Upper steering column. 3.7 (8.1)
DSC pump. 2.5 (5.6)
Interior fuse panel. 0.7 (1.5)
Engine fuse/relay box. 0.9 (2.0)
Bonnet latches 0.9 (1.9)

Also weighed....
Crushed beer cans 9.0 (22.0)
Driver weight loss 11.3 (25.0)

If anyone has a part weight request, let me know.

Greg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oof @ the glass roof :/

Any idea how much more it weighs than just the standard metal roof?

Also, anyone got the weights for the standard 17" MCS alloys and/or a runflat tyre?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Reactions: 930.engineering

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Real oem says Battery 15.950 kg against 13.64kg from Brownpants so you may be right.......

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Weighed these as I pulled them out, and didn't see them listed here before...

Leather rear backrests: 13.5kg
Leather rear bench: 4kg
Rear backrest side hinge brackets: 0.3kg
Rear backrest middle hinge bracket: 0.3kg
Rear seat belts: 1.6kg
Rear belt buckles: 0.5kg
Rear speakers (non-H/K): 1.2kg

These are with bolts included.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts