MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
Testing that it automatically rotates.? I have noticed it change to different communities already. Every community listed there is from our sites.

- Cricket
Sorry I mean testing the password protocol. Will users returning to the site after an extended absence still be able to log in? Their password wont match the new protocol

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Sorry I mean testing the password protocol. Will users returning to the site after an extended absence still be able to log in? Their password wont match the new protocol
They should be able to and if not, there will be an option to request a password reset or they can contact us for assistance by email. I have not been hearing of issues with the new platform though.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
Now I have problems adding pictures, despite adding some since the revised site, now I'm getting 'files too large' which I didn't before, the old site while a chore loading up to 5 pics per post never told me files were too large, ever, including the same images I was about to use again, so it's not me, it's you ;O(

Don't ask me to start resizing stuff please, it's not going to happen, neither is using third party software.

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Now I have problems adding pictures, despite adding some since the revised site, now I'm getting 'files too large' which I didn't before, the old site while a chore loading up to 5 pics per post never told me files were too large, ever, including the same images I was about to use again, so it's not me, it's you ;O(

Don't ask me to start resizing stuff please, it's not going to happen, neither is using third party software.
If you are getting an error message that a file is too large to update, I am guessing it is huge, in terms of file size. The maximum file size at this time is 5 1/2 MB.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
just a picture, I've uploaded it before, so a backward step.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The data is still there is the link redirects that have broken.

I will work on getting them restored.

Jeff M
I can't see any of the vendor areas for Orranje or other vendors, when browsing the forum, as if the data is missing or the areas have been closed. We are long time sponsors of MiniTorque, so hope everything can be reinstated, so we can continue to support the community.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I can't see any of the vendor areas for Orranje or other vendors, when browsing the forum, as if the data is missing or the areas have been closed. We are long time sponsors of MiniTorque, so hope everything can be reinstated, so we can continue to support the community.
..plus our avatar, signature etc have been removed, whereas it seems like all other members don't have that issue. Are these issues a genuine mistake, or are you removing existing vendors?

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Is your vendor membership still current, I see an older thread on this from last year.

..plus our avatar, signature etc have been removed, whereas it seems like all other members don't have that issue. Are these issues a genuine mistake, or are you removing existing vendors?
We migrated all users avatars however you can update them here:

Jeff M

·
Registered
856 Posts
Is your vendor membership still current, I see an older thread on this from last year.

We migrated all users avatars however you can update them here:

Jeff M
Our vendor membership was arranged through Ben and the team, as there was no working functionality on the site to pay / subscribe etc. However it looks like you have removed all vendors?

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Our vendor membership was arranged through Ben and the team, as there was no working functionality on the site to pay / subscribe etc. However it looks like you have removed all vendors?
Yes we need to get the vendors area set back up, it used to be automated but not sure how VS do it now Jeff.
Heya guys,

Looks like after we did an audit there are currently no paid vendors on the site.

If you guys have any questions about vendors/sales you can use the Contact Us and use (Sales) below.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
Bit of feedback about the new banner... in internet explorer you can see the full image bit its stretched lengthways. In Chrome the top and bottom of the image appear to be chopped off

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Bit of feedback about the new banner... in internet explorer you can see the full image bit its stretched lengthways. In Chrome the top and bottom of the image appear to be chopped off
That unfortunately is kinda something we have to expect with the reactive resizing of the skin based upon device screen size.

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
can we please add in a 'recent posts' function. I'm finding it impossible to navigate stuff i want to revisit on my laptop. please don't ask me to favourite or bookmark stuff. this is one of the functions of old MT I used to use more than any other. I've also noticed I can no longer order forums by number of posts or replies to find the most popular stuff, which is a pain

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
can we please add in a 'recent posts' function. I'm finding it impossible to navigate stuff i want to revisit on my laptop. please don't ask me to favourite or bookmark stuff. this is one of the functions of old MT I used to use more than any other. I've also noticed I can no longer order forums by number of posts or replies to find the most popular stuff, which is a pain
How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

If you choose the popular option in the drop-down menu it will take you to what may have formally been known as active topics.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
How To Find New Posts & Use Filters
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the upward pointing arrow and then select “New Posts” from the drop down menu.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. You can also choose to set special filters or mark all posts read on that same page.

If you choose the popular option in the drop-down menu it will take you to what may have formally been known as active topics.

- Cricket
I know what the new posts feature is. Problem is when a post is read, despite it being 'recent' it can no longer be navigated to by using that function. You end up having to trawl through threads to find stuff, that's assuming you can remember what category it was in

101 - 120 of 128 Posts