MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Ive just finished a supercharged engine re build on my motor and now looking into tackling a Turbocharged one.

I want fairly big power so im going to sleeve my block first to hopefully take 80mm pistons.

My question is coming from a small island where the speed limit is 35mph we do not have the resources to do what i want to do to a min.

With this in mind where is the best place to go in the UK to get my r53 standard block bored and lined with 80mm liners?

Thanks in advance.

Niall
E8CAD284-A03B-40C3-AC6F-88EE5719F228.jpg

·
Registered
729 Posts
1320 surely?

Also 400whp is going to be be mostly unusable unless you really go balls out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1320 surely?

Also 400whp is going to be be mostly unusable unless you really go balls out.

Im going balls out mate Ive Just taken a standard 163bhp mini to over 270+ and loved every minute of it, expensive!! but worth it, its like a drug this mini tuning you just want more whp!!

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Im not for one minute trying to persuade you otherwise but going from 270hp to 400 is a huge huge difference.
Having said that Astroboy on here has done it, maybe worth reaching out for a chat.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Im going balls out mate Ive Just taken a standard 163bhp mini to over 270+ and loved every minute of it, expensive!! but worth it, its like a drug this mini tuning you just want more whp!!
Yes I think I am running similar power to you know 235 at the wheels. For 400 at the wheels I’d have a look at Mark Hutch’s build and see what’s gone into that. Personally I’d love 280 - 320 at the wheels on a low boost/high boost switchable map. Will probably be more fun that 400 but that’s just me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I think I am running similar power to you know 235 at the wheels. For 400 at the wheels I’d have a look at Mark Hutch’s build and see what’s gone into that. Personally I’d love 280 - 320 at the wheels on a low boost/high boost switchable map. Will probably be more fun that 400 but that’s just me!

Thanks for the heads up is he on here ill look him up, 400's not set in stone yet but i want a minimum of 100whp more than i already have to notice a decent difference

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks for the heads up is he on here ill look him up, 400's not set in stone yet but i want a minimum of 100whp more than i already have to notice a decent difference
Yes somewhere, I forget his username. And fair enough mate I guess everyone has different goals etc which turbo have you been looking at?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Im not for one minute trying to persuade you otherwise but going from 270hp to 400 is a huge huge difference.
Having said that Astroboy on here has done it, maybe worth reaching out for a chat.
Whats not for you mate??
I tagged Astroboy in as maccmike said he has done 400 bhp and the best person to ask. I replied to Astroboy it wasnt me that wanted him but you ! o_O

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Impreza Type R was 480hp with SYVECS switchable ECU 320/420/480hp- fully forged closed deck block, 14mm ARP head bolts, FMIC, upgraded turbo, injectors, hubs, carbon propshaft, 6 speed short ratio g/box conversion, 22B carbon wings, rally spec quick rack. She weighed about 1100kgs. As a package and with 4wd it was the fastest point to point car I've ever owned. An animal in fact. I had an M3 a few years ago and that was a tame, sedate, bore fest and felt like a bus in comparison.
The Impreza was a bit frightening at times if Im honest because it was more of a car than I am a driver.
The Subaru is one of only a few cars Ive ever experienced that felt about as thrilling as big bike. The others were a Caterham and an Ariel Atom.
An R53 with 400hp, although FWD and a little bit heavier had a tiny wheelbase and feels like your sitting inside a shoe..I think it will be immense fun and be like a hit of crack. At high speed, most cars feel very wide on the road, but I think the Mini will be perfect.
Don't be surprised though dude when you start getting used to it. I did.
Get it done...You'll have one of the best in the country and probably the maddest and most fun cars you'll ever own in your life.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Been off the road since last year sadly.
I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of it sells it or breaks it. The interior was perfect..and I mean perfect...that seats would be worth a lot of money..The box would easily be £4k, engine maybe £10k. The shell was flawless..2 door Impreza shells are the holy grail, even rough ones go for silly money.
I had the steering wheel retrimmed by Royal Steering wheels. Also managed to source the OEM 3 gauge triple console, with all the senders and wiring from Japan...Best motor Ive ever owned by a mile, and Ive had over 40.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts