MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a genuine JCW carbon scoop.

*edit - Aero grill now sourced.

Alternatively if anyone can suggest a close aftermarket equivalent that might have to do.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Looking for a genuine JCW carbon scoop and aero grill.

Alternatively if anyone can suggest a close aftermarket equivalent that might have to do.
I don't think the aero grille is available any more from mini. I'm a bit out of touch with things but Cades used to make a decent one. Scoop-wise, does it have to be carbon?

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I think this is the Cades on mine....

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,550 Posts
Difficult to tell from that pic. Smooth round the outside rather than the oem textured and with a slightly larger grille mesh type thing?

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
yes, glossy look, more elongated holes, look better than I thought they would, would look better clean.

Reactions: Astroboy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct - they've stopped selling the aero grill and can't find one anywhere unfortunately. One on eBay but has been cut through for spotlights.

Looking to colour code the surround and keep the centre black.

It's for a GP so think carbon would keep it looking pretty OEM with GP stickers on. Complete waste of money - but otherwise will just go for a LEAP/M7 'nostril' type scoop for a little more cooling or keep it standard.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
standard, I don't think the scoops do anything much other than look a bit more aggressive, I've bought a new stock one to have painted sometime

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everytime I get a notification I think it's going to be someone wanting to sell me an aero grill :cry:

Also heard LEAP scoops etc aid cooling, but £££ for carbon.

·
Resident Gobshite
4,153 Posts
Larger scoops do lend themselves to aiding cooling. More airflow over your intercooler. Simple.
we had a few near identical cars running one after another on SRRs dyno and those with Aromspeed scoops inlet temps were notably lower.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I'm 50/50 thinking about selling my jcw carbon scoop. I'll probably want to put it on if I ever get to turboing it though...

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
I'm 50/50 thinking about selling my jcw carbon scoop. I'll probably want to put it on if I ever get to turboing it though...
Same :ROFLMAO: it’s totally wasted on a track car and I also think about what a write off it would be if the front end went in. But at the same time it was on the car when I bought it and is one of the few original things left so there’s a little nostalgia over it too. Hmm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sourced the aero grill.

Still looking for the scoop - Luke/Bidsy PM me if you're thinking of selling.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
aren't all these OEM carbon bits just carbon laid over plastic?

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
maybe it's just the mirror covers, and I suspect boot handles....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts