MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In process of doing some upgrades any one have any good condition JCW Side Aero skirt for my 2011 Cooper S Convertible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I joined this forum yesterday and posted a wanted for mini JCW side skirts I was responded to by a Sam Pearson it turns out he is a complete scammmer and I just got seen off for £140 using pay pal. He insisted that payment had to be paypal Friends and family. I now know why! He is using [email protected] and claims his brother is [email protected]. Ive learnt a lesson here as Ive never paid anyone with PP Friends and family before and the reason is paypal can do nothing about freinds and family.
Please warn off other members on this forum. I have now picked up that he is trolling these car forums and has been reported and caught out. I am sending a report to www.action fraud.police.ukand will call UK 03001232040 as advised by Paypal as they cannot do anything due to friends and family.
Thanks for your understanding (For Sale - Don't get scammed! )
Gareth Pope

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In process of doing some upgrades any one have any good condition JCW Side Aero skirt for my 2011 Cooper S Convertible?
Hi I joined this forum yesterday and posted a wanted for mini JCW side skirts I was responded to by a Sam Pearson it turns out he is a complete scammmer and I just got seen off for £140 using pay pal. He insisted that payment had to be paypal Friends and family. I now know why! He is using [email protected] and claims his brother is [email protected]. Ive learnt a lesson here as Ive never paid anyone with PP Friends and family before and the reason is paypal can do nothing about freinds and family.
Please warn off other members on this forum. I have now picked up that he is trolling these car forums and has been reported and caught out. I am sending a report to www.action fraud.police.ukand will call UK 03001232040 as advised by Paypal as they cannot do anything due to friends and family.
Thanks for your understanding (For Sale - Don't get scammed! )
Gareth Pope

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
You scummy cunt.

Admin please can we delete this user and block any future registrations from his sign up email?

·
Hobo Member
396 Posts
Hi. Sorry to hear that you have been scammed by someone on the forum. Funny that he (sampearson) has flagged your first post as scam... I noticed that he has been online 3 hours ago but he probably did not give you any response?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
a few use/request PP F&F including myself, the difference being if known and trusted MT members, always a risk one must choose to accept, or not, on FB these fake accounts are rife but not here really, one or two issues with people over the years, so it does make sense to take care to do the right thing and be prepared to pay the additional fees rather than expect a seller to absorb them which is the crux of the problem imo, buyers don't want to pay more so do it the risky way, sellers don't want to absorb them when selling stuff affordably especially when offers then get made too. Also people don't trust PayPal to side with the right party even if there were a dispute, so sellers can be reluctant, understandably.

sorry to hear your experience was such as this, crap for any, but especially a new user perhaps.

It's a good idea to also to look at a users details, what interaction do they have with the site/community, how long here, how many posts, search through their posts too, don't just look at the number, as the quality of them could be shite, always abusive or in themselves scam content, so click the profile and look further, then make your call on trust, or ask out loud and we'll have users that might have bought from people before etc.

if you're on FB maybe post up the name there as the same person will no doubt be trying similar perhaps,

otherwise you'll have heard the saying, if a deal/price appears too good to be true, it probably is, £140 for R56 Aero skirts unless damaged would be just that.

most scams are gmail accounts, second are hotmail,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i guess its a lesson learnt. For anyone not yet been caugh tout do not ever do a freinds and family to pay someone for parts always go business. Paypal have been very responsive to be fair and it was my error of judgment. I’m sure he will have his comeuppance at some stage!!! What goes round comes round ! Some ties fast sometimes slow but it will catch him !!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a few use/request PP F&F including myself, the difference being if known and trusted MT members, always a risk one must choose to accept, or not, on FB these fake accounts are rife but not here really, one or two issues with people over the years, so it does make sense to take care to do the right thing and be prepared to pay the additional fees rather than expect a seller to absorb them which is the crux of the problem imo, buyers don't want to pay more so do it the risky way, sellers don't want to absorb them when selling stuff affordably especially when offers then get made too. Also people don't trust PayPal to side with the right party even if there were a dispute, so sellers can be reluctant, understandably.

sorry to hear your experience was such as this, crap for any, but especially a new user perhaps.

It's a good idea to also to look at a users details, what interaction do they have with the site/community, how long here, how many posts, search through their posts too, don't just look at the number, as the quality of them could be shite, always abusive or in themselves scam content, so click the profile and look further, then make your call on trust, or ask out loud and we'll have users that might have bought from people before etc.

if you're on FB maybe post up the name there as the same person will no doubt be trying similar perhaps,

otherwise you'll have heard the saying, is a deal/price appears too good to be true, it probably is, £140 for R56 Aero skirts unless damaged would be just that.

most scams are gmail accounts, second are hotmail,
Appreciate your comments and will bear that in mind for the future. I did note he only joined the forum the day before and had no posts. It was a text book scam and I got done. Take care out there and be safe

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Appreciate your comments and will bear that in mind for the future. I did note he only joined the forum the day before and had no posts. It was a text book scam and I got done. Take care out there and be safe
It happens pal so dont beat yourself up.

I hope you get your money back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
He is going to get his money back. I've tried to refund him but my brother has a problem with his PayPal. Also I called PayPal and I was told to tell him to initiate a charge back or request a refund. He hasn't done any of that, all he has been doing is laying threats and accusations

Sent from my TECNO KE5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
He is going to get his money back. I've tried to refund him but my brother has a problem with his PayPal. Also I called PayPal and I was told to tell him to initiate a charge back or request a refund. He hasn't done any of that, all he has been doing is laying threats and accusations

What happened to the skirts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
He said he preferred a refund and kept on threatening to report me as fraud. I wouldn't want to get in trouble over 144 bucks

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
He said he preferred a refund and kept on threatening to report me as fraud. I wouldn't want to get in trouble over 144 bucks

He payed you for them and then immediately asked for a refund?🤔

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. He said something doesn't feel right and then immediately wanted a refund. Everything happened yesterday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He payed you for them and then immediately asked for a refund?🤔
But you still have not paid me back??? You have only decided to try to defend yourself after I had no option to report you to PayPal and the police. You keep asking for charge back or refund!!!!!! Your very clever you know that I can’t action that as it was a PP FF transaction. You can pay me back with the email we have been corresponding with ( I’ve asked you to do this over 3x times and you insist on asking same question) why don’t you seem to be able to do this? We have had over 60 email exchanges over two days between us. Do the right thing and return my money and I can report this back to this forum and let the UK fraud office and PayPal know and we can all go about our Buisness. All this over 144 bucks ????? So what’s your problem? Pay me back

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But you still have not paid me back??? You have only decided to try to defend yourself after I had no option to report you to PayPal and the police. You keep asking for charge back or refund!!!!!! Your very clever you know that I can’t action that as it was a PP FF transaction. You can pay me back with the email we have been corresponding with ( I’ve asked you to do this over 3x times and you insist on asking same question) why don’t you seem to be able to do this? We have had over 60 email exchanges over two days between us. Do the right thing and return my money and I can report this back to this forum and let the UK fraud office and PayPal know and we can all go about our Buisness. All this over 144 bucks ????? So what’s your problem? Pay me back
While I’m here what was the false mobile number you gave me?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts