MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce our facelift R56 Cooper S Intercooler.

High-performance network with turbulators in a stepped design
Size 550x110x90 / 550x210x50, 8.745cm ³ volume (Std 540x65x85mm, 2.984cm ³ volume)
Cast aluminum CAD / FEA optimized air tanks
Intercooler uses the original mounting points
~220% larger frontal area compared to OEM intercooler
~280% greater volume than OEM charge air intercooler
Simple installation

This is what it replaced

UK retail price is currently £449 inc.VAT plus delivery. As an introductory offer mention MiniTorque and we'll cover the delivery cost.

Mini Cooper S R56 facelift Intercooler

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I'm tempted by this but after so many people having great results with the evolve item I'm reluctant to try it, unless you didn't a substantial discount for the first customer if they tested it...

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm tempted by this but after so many people having great results with the evolve item I'm reluctant to try it, unless you didn't a substantial discount for the first customer if they tested it...
What age is your Mini?

1320MINI will be testing one very soon.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
All you need to better any current intercooler is a proper duct :
Between intercooler and grill at the front , plastic or fibreglass with foam joint t to I/c and grill
This now prevents spillage of air around I/c ,and as a divergent duct slows down the air passing through the I/c - allowing better heat exchange at high speeds
Result is a better heat exchanger without using expensive race cores - far better!::getcoat::

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Will be following this, I have an 07 as well, would be nice if someone could put both the evolve on their car and then this to compare, probably not going to happen but would be very beneficial to potential buyers.

If you can do that and you prove its worth then I could see the potential for a decent group buy as there are more and more R56s joining this forum.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Be interesting to see the before and after dyno's for this as the Evolve is tried and tested to out perform the Forge IC!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ideally you'll need our pre-facelift version which isn't quite ready yet.

The later version can be made to fit but it will require the bumper to be cut.

We don't tend to publish too much testing ourselves because being the manufacturer it could be taken as subjective.

Our other products having been proven over time and we are sure these will as well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
We don't tend to publish too much testing ourselves because being the manufacturer it could be taken as subjective.

Our other products having been proven over time and we are sure these will as well.
It would be nice for your potential future customers if you did provide test data such as, charge air pressure drop, ram air pressure drop, charge air temperature in/out, ram air temperature in/out, so your potential future customers can compare to other recognised brands that provide their test data, having looked at your intercooler at Mini in the park 2012 as show cased by 1320MINI, I was shocked when I picked it up, I guessed at it's weight approximately 8KG ?

Will it provide sustained gain for the addition of the extra weight ?

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I've only just realised it was you I was talking to yesterday about the IC, was really good to meet you. At the time I was wondering if you really knew what you were talking about or not :laugh: Now I know you did know!

If I'd known who you were I'd have asked you for some help fixing my car so its probably good I didnt!

·
Registered
508 Posts
My estimated (guesstimate) weight of the Wagner Tuning front mount intercooler (facelift version) for the BMW MINI R56 Cooper S as showcased by 1320MINI at MITP 2012 was 8kg it seems my estimated (guesstimate) was a little off, I have read: Wagner Tuning Mini Cooper S R56 (facelift) Intercooler - Etektuning.com and notice a weight of 25.00lbs (11.33kg)

Can Wagner Tuning UK confirm this ?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My estimated (guesstimate) weight of the Wagner Tuning front mount intercooler (facelift version) for the BMW MINI R56 Cooper S as showcased by 1320MINI at MITP 2012 was 8kg

Can Wagner Tuning UK confirm this ?
The Mini intercooler is 8kg

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have Mini Cooper S 2007 Pre-facelift inlet temps comparison between OEM and Wagner Tuning Intercooler.

The standard cooler was measured at 16° outside temperature, the Wagner cooler at 19°.

Max inlet temp for the Wagner Cooler was 24°

We would rather independant people try them and report back what they think. We are willing to help in making this happen for anyone interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
We have Mini Cooper S 2007 Pre-facelift inlet temps comparison between OEM and Wagner Tuning Intercooler.

The standard cooler was measured at 16° outside temperature, the Wagner cooler at 19°.

Max inlet temp for the Wagner Cooler was 24°

We would rather independant people try them and report back what they think. We are willing to help in making this happen for anyone interested.
That temperature graph tells you I or anybody else reading this, nothing about the Wagner Tuning intercoolers efficiency, that is simply showing what the ECU temperature/pressure sensor was reading for a given MV calculation parameter for the ECU, you should be showing what temperature you (Wagner Tuning) have going into the intercooler and out of the intercooler, this will give you the heat rejection efficiency of the intercooler, this is what counts.

Send one to me and I will flow it for you and give you (Wagner Tuning UK) all the data necessary, or put up a picture showing the inside of the end tank/s, clearly showing the bar plate and fin arrangement, and I will give you my opinion, based on what I see and the dimensions you give.

Surely you can't expect potential future customers to do the hard test data for you, on a purchase our product first, and tell us what you think basis!

My guess is, Wagner Tuning, have no data to show potential future customers.

·
Registered
684 Posts
^I like it, straight to the point.

To be fair if you prove it's better than everything else you're on to a winner.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be nice for your potential future customers if you did provide test data such as, charge air pressure drop, ram air pressure drop, charge air temperature in/out, ram air temperature in/out
I haven't to date seen any other manufacturers quoting all the above. Please point me to some if they have.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts