MiniTorque.com banner
12K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  han_solo 
#1 ·
Hiya

Ive just read through a really good post on Mini2 about upgrading the factory nav with POI's, speed cameras, perspective view and other features.... However the post was made in 2006 and a few of the links posted are no longer active!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this dvd would be what Im after

BMW MINI Range Rover Sat Nav maps DVD 2009-2 HIGH on eBay (end time 02-Dec-09 15:52:23 GMT)

It mentions the perspective views and POI's but doesnt mention speed camera's (which is the main reason I want to do this!!) although the photo he uses shows a speed camera on it!!

Thoughts?

#6 ·
No, sorry I should have made it more clear.

The eBay aution I linked to in the first post and the screenshots in my later post are nothing to do with the each other... I didnt even buy the eBay DVD so I cant comment as to what that would be like!

I can send you details of the disk I am using to get the above shown features if you like.

#20 ·
just so that other people know.

there is a stickied thread over in the mini2 forums that shows you how to update your firmware. i just did mine and took less than 2 mins. now have perspective view and it does make the sat nav system look less dated :p

as for the nav software, the 'professional' labelled sat nav discs wont' work with 1st gen mini sat navs. However, there could be a slim chance that 'any' bmw sat nav discs labelled 'high' will work. Am still researching this.

Hope this helps someone :)

#21 ·
I'm looking to do this too.

I found this website BMW Navi and I emailed them as I wanted to pay via paypal. They say they can put the Mini badge on start up rather than the BMW badge. But I've heard nothing from them.

I also emailed a guy on Ebay about whether he can put the Mini badge on start up but again no reply when I emailed yesterday.

#23 ·
who did you contact over in ebay? was it this person and this item?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I think there's a very strong possibility that it will work with our mk4 mini sat nav systems. wanna share the cost of trying? :p

also, looking at the item description, it will update the firmware but most likely give you the bmw logo instead of the mini one. Might be worth living with if the additional benefits of having the 102 firmware over the (maxed out) 100 firmware from bmw mini.

If not bothering with the firmware, i reckon just using the updated maps might be enough? (it'll be things like better resource management, speedier access times etc that i'm most interested in in using the latest 102 firmware that comes with the disc).

Your thoughts?

#29 ·
Yeah I did, however most scammers have good websites so that's nothing to go by really. I'd just be warey of the product I get from them. When mine turns up I'll test it in the 56 and then get han solo to try it in his 53 to see if it works as £16 is mega cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.