MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Ive just read through a really good post on Mini2 about upgrading the factory nav with POI's, speed cameras, perspective view and other features.... However the post was made in 2006 and a few of the links posted are no longer active!

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this dvd would be what Im after

BMW MINI Range Rover Sat Nav maps DVD 2009-2 HIGH on eBay (end time 02-Dec-09 15:52:23 GMT)

It mentions the perspective views and POI's but doesnt mention speed camera's (which is the main reason I want to do this!!) although the photo he uses shows a speed camera on it!!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I would post these to show what the factory nav is capable of.... with a little tweakage ;)

So glad I did this now, now not only does the OEM nav look great, but it is functional too!!

·
PowerRanger Reborn
1,240 Posts
So did u get all them features with the new CD link on ebay??

I have the 2005 nav and would like Speed Camera POI etc

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, sorry I should have made it more clear.

The eBay aution I linked to in the first post and the screenshots in my later post are nothing to do with the each other... I didnt even buy the eBay DVD so I cant comment as to what that would be like!

I can send you details of the disk I am using to get the above shown features if you like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Futureal33, i PM'd you regarding how you make the factory nav unit do these extra things but never heard from you. Wondered if you could let me know how, cheers Tim

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Also interested in this but for R56

I could do with updating the current maps too, my disk is marked professional and I'm aware with BMW's there a standard and professional version, is the same with mini or are they all the same?

Also do the BMW DVDs work in the MINI system?

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I've just bought one so when it turns up you can try it in yours and see if it works mate.

PS dont know why he has best offer there as I tried 10, then 12 then 14 but they were all too low!

·
Registered
101 Posts
really dumb question but... i can't find the dvd sat nav unit to my car! just had a look under both seats and in the boot area.. no sign of it. what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
101 Posts
found it! It's under the passenger seat in mine. accessible from the back (so you need to fold the seat and move forward).

just tried an 08 r56 dvd sat nav disc in there... didn't work :p

·
Registered
101 Posts
just so that other people know.

there is a stickied thread over in the mini2 forums that shows you how to update your firmware. i just did mine and took less than 2 mins. now have perspective view and it does make the sat nav system look less dated :p

as for the nav software, the 'professional' labelled sat nav discs wont' work with 1st gen mini sat navs. However, there could be a slim chance that 'any' bmw sat nav discs labelled 'high' will work. Am still researching this.

Hope this helps someone :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts