21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
25 cases in Warwickshire should not put a halt on this ...:eek:
even looking at a worst case
I’d crack on whilst there is still a functioning supply chain
A half built car is no good to no one, and I would hope complete you would get your money back for any upgrades to date
keep up the good work
Everything is ordered to get it back on the road, its any nice bits I wont be ordering just yet, sideskirts, suspension etc.

Biggest headache is the Slam panel, the hole front end mounts to it, so cant start the front end rebuild until its here, due in 28th from Japan.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Day 10:
Collecting more parts

So yesterday I collected a used airbox and washer bottle with pumps, these are the last major parts I hadnt ordered.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Today I decided to fit the new head unit, it was super easy, as I hadn't bought new metal brackets I had to cut up the stock ones, the filler pieces fit really well, looking at other guides I think people are fitting them inside the metal brackets causing a fitment issue when they should be fitting them outside the metal brackets. I have a headunit fitting video to edit and I will get that uploaded to help others.

Have a couple of simple videos I created for removing internal bits like the dash panels and gear knob, I will ensure I do more as I remove bits for mods, again only easy jobs if you know how to do them, hopefully this video series encourages more people to do DIY jobs on their cars:

I also fitted a HT auto rear lip and Top Sage diffuser lip, super easy:

I also threw on the bonnet, passenger wing and air box to get them out the garage, starting to look more like a car now. Ignore the panel gaps as I havent bolted anything down properly yet:

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Day 14 Still Waiting...

Progress has slowed due to the current climate. I'm still waiting on parts from Subaru Japan, with the local Subaru dealership now closed, I am unsure if I will be able to collect the remaining parts for 3 weeks plus, although the manager gave me a glimmer of hope, they may be able to leave them outside if they do turn up for me to collect as they are literally on my daily run route.

My front grill turned up from the USA, big thanks to Quirkparts on ebay for getting it delivered really quickly. Its only a subtle change, with this piece not having any pre-cut holes the UK spec comes with for the front numberplate holder. For me its the little details like this:

Trying to source genuine STI parts in the UK is really tricky for the BRZ, I'm after the side skirts, rear bumper trims and front lip. These apparently are out of production now and USA stores want crazy money to deliver them. A company called Brayson do replica parts and at a really good price, so I may go for them as there shipping is reasonable too:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts