MiniTorque.com banner
481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
A sad day....always a R53 for me, but someone will get a really nice green R53 and you will have lots of fun and enjoyment with your new car, which is what usually happens when a project is completed and moved on.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
8,009 Posts
All I would say is don’t rush to paint, the yellow and black isn’t offensive to my eyes, get it running and handling right 1st to see if meets all your expectations...

But I know you will be all over this like a tramp on chips this May Bank holiday weekend
And your garage will look like a breakers yard by next Tuesday so all my words will be wasted 🤣

·
Premium Member
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
6,316 Posts
I'd run a yellow one,

quite different cars each with their own attributes,

·
Bugger
25,458 Posts
Yellow and black with some nice silver wheels would look epic. The yellow is so dam rare I'd keep it as I quite like it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
A sad day....always a R53 for me, but someone will get a really nice green R53 and you will have lots of fun and enjoyment with your new car, which is what usually happens when a project is completed and moved on.
I always said I wouldnt sell it and I am sticking to that. Its being stripped for parts stuff like the cage, seats, harnesses, steering wheel, quick release, control arms, big brakes, wheels, g-wing, to name but a few, will go straight onto the R56. Everything else is up for grabs and will be listed in the coming weeks. Which will leave me with a shell and engine, currently I wont sell the whole shell unless it is being painted but lets see how I feel in the coming months, right now I wouldnt want to see someone else driving around in it, plus its worth more to me in parts and I have the space to store it while its taken to bits.

All I would say is don’t rush to paint, the yellow and black isn’t offensive to my eyes, get it running and handling right 1st to see if meets all your expectations...

But I know you will be all over this like a tramp on chips this May Bank holiday weekend
And your garage will look like a breakers yard by next Tuesday so all my words will be wasted 🤣
The paint is really bad so it will need a full respray at some point. I love the yellow, it was my first choice colour and it was too cheap to pass up. I would gladly respray it mellow yellow, but its gutting knowing my bodyshop only charges me about £500 extra for a full colour change vs a respray in the same colour. Either way it wont be painted this side of the summer so plenty of time to consider.

I'm modding this bit by bit, rather than big bang like previous projects so I can enjoy and feel the differences of each mod.

I'd run a yellow one,

quite different cars each with their own attributes,
Totally agreed there arent many about at all

Yellow and black with some nice silver wheels would look epic. The yellow is so dam rare I'd keep it as I quite like it.
Totally agree, I tried looking for examples for inspiration before buying it and there are only a handful on social media. With the yellow, im still playing whether to CC the headlight/rear light rings, new scoop and JCW grills as I go through a bit dechroming.

I like the yellow. It just works next to the green!
Yeah love it, currently parked next to the BRZ which is the same colour as the R53 and they just look right togther.

If your parting out the green one and are looking for a home for the G-Wing then my R56 just told me it needs one fitting or will it be going on your new car?
Plenty of parts will be listed over the coming weeks, but anything that fits the R56 wont be listed, such as the g-wing

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
So a quick update on the R53, its 100% going, there was so much money left in parts, it was never worth selling as a whole car. I've removed my personal plate and I'm in the process of removing the suspension setup/wheels, stripped out things like the HK speakers, door pulls etc. So I will be left with a running shell, without front brakes/exhaust system, front bumper/side skirts etc. I did plan to remove the supercharger as I may have plans for that in the future. So at somepoint in the near future it will be a rolling shell with a working engine. If anyone knows anyone that may be interested I would let it go for a decent offer as the engine is in great condition and the bodywork isnt too bad either in Porsche RS green, couple of minor marks otherwise in v'good condition, if not I will strip down even further for parts and sell the bare shell to the scrap man. Post to get a feel for early interest, give me a shout. Once I have removed the parts I want, I will take some proper pictures and do a full listing.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI mate, great project and no doubt the next one will be just as good if not better. Was wondering is the drivers side wing mirror a power fold as i need one. Happy to buy both if needed. Im also in birmingham so collection isnt an issue.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
HI mate, great project and no doubt the next one will be just as good if not better. Was wondering is the drivers side wing mirror a power fold as i need one. Happy to buy both if needed. Im also in birmingham so collection isnt an issue.

Thanks

Thanks but want to see if anyone wants it as is, before I then go to point of stripping completely removing engine etc. This is how it currently sits, if anyone wants to make an offer feel free on the whole thing.

Engine and gearbox are running absolutely fine and can be shown running no problem and moves under its own power.. Engine is stock minus a 17% kav's reduced pulley. Clutch is on its way but is still currently working

Interior wise currently has no seats/speakers/rear seats/gear knob/painted dash panels. It does have door cards and rear quarters but no interior door handles, I sold the Rennline ones, but you can get used ones that screw straight in. Will have a 2 spoke steering wheel bolted in place of the OMP one. I need to clear it out and put it back together so I can take some pics for advertising it.

It has no front brakes as I removed the yellow speed ones.

Crappy wheels and stock suspension on it just to make sure it remains rolling, both would need replacing.

Currently still has two pairs of adjustable rear hard race control arms and superpro rear anti roll bar

Speedometer Steering part Green Motor vehicle Gear shift

Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Car Tire Vehicle Cloud

481 - 494 of 494 Posts