MiniTorque.com banner

461 - 471 of 471 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Thanks for the comments, another mod done to the R53, this time RS style Rennline door pulls supplied by Orranje. Super easy to fit and match the rest of the car.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

These are listed as cannot be fitted to a Mini with HK, although true you cant fit without modification to the HK door handle surrounds/tweeter covers however these are only fascias and you can swap in stock covers. I had to lose the HK tweeter surrounds but its only the fascia I needed to swap, I still have the HK tweeter behind the standard grills/door handle surrounds.

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Im new here, have a standard R57.

Just got to say I started on the thread and couldnt stop reading. :w00t:

Top mini dude.
Thanks for that, its an ongoing project, the longest I've owned a car for while, 3.5 years atleast.

Latest update is I finally got around to joey modding the rear lights, something I wanted to do for a long time:

Roll on new car day by James Baker, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
I also painted the side vents black and fitted matching yellow S stickers:

Not a great photo, but gives you an idea of what they look like, will get a better pic, feel it breaks up all the green with CC'd everything

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
Then I decided to change things up a little bit with the front end by painting the lower section of the front bumper, hadnt seen it done in a while so gave it a go, need to round a couple of edges off but not bad for a first attempt:

Didnt get around to taking any pics of the car with the bumper fitted as it was so close to MITP, will get some better pics taken soon:

Credit to @24sevenphotography for this photo

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Then finally I tried painting the R53 beltline with satin paint, not sure how long it will last but sick of the stupid tape always have some floor with it.

Could have done with prepping the chrome more before paint however I havent lost anything if I have to rub it down and repaint if it doesn't last, its lasted a month and a half so far with a few washes and a pressure washer, will report back after 6 months to see if I would do anything differently on this one

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Then finally I tried painting the R53 beltline with satin paint, not sure how long it will last but sick of the stupid tape always have some floor with it.

Could have done with prepping the chrome more before paint however I havent lost anything if I have to rub it down and repaint if it doesn't last, its lasted a month and a half so far with a few washes and a pressure washer, will report back after 6 months to see if I would do anything differently on this one
Yeah, nice work as always, been watching some of your updates on the tube.
Definitely Iike the choice to paint the vents.... And the tail lights complement the back nicely

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
preferred the bumper green sorry

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
Thats ok, I dont take offence, we all like different things. Im still not 100% sold on it either however it was painted straight on top of the gloss, so easily removed if I decide I dont like it in the future

I purchased the car Feb 2016, seems like an age ago now

461 - 471 of 471 Posts