MiniTorque.com banner

441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just read this from start to finish, amazing build, Now on the lookout for an R53. Selling my Audi S3 now thanks to you just to fund one of these! Keep it up

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Just read this from start to finish, amazing build, Now on the lookout for an R53. Selling my Audi S3 now thanks to you just to fund one of these! Keep it up
Thanks, love driving this thing, its fights for my attention alongside the Mustang and now the R55 Clubby. Its not hard to find an excuse to get out and drive it.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Have you fitted the Janspeed manifold yet?

How is the performance parts shopping going, we need answers dammit!
And how have you found the temps with the fmic?
Hi both I'm still around but the R53 and Clubby are pretty much static at the moment with little to no driving let alone progress. For those that don't know my fiancé has been battling breast cancer over the last 8 months we are through the worst of it now with it all removed and chemo zapping anything left etc. She had her last chemo session a few weeks ago and we are hoping our lives will get back to normal soon but as you can imagine, any project is on hold until the new year as family comes first :) Working from home through all this has meant I have done no more than 1000 miles between all three of my cars with only the RRS getting used.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Tweedbean, I very much hope your fiancee gets well soon, and as you say, everything gets back to normal. It must have been a very long 8 months.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Don't know you, you aren't a mate, I have never & probably never will meet you but here is a virtual group hug for you all, look after the ones who you love before anything else, the rest comes easy.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
Wow its been a while since I updated this thread, I have been super busy wedding planning and building the Clubby.

Here are a couple of updates, both helping Oli at Orranje out with testing of new parts. First the R53 sump guard for facelift cars. Fitment was spot on, final design looks slightly different to what I have but does the same job. It still allows access to the sump plug for draining oil:

Next up was the Leap TAU R53 diffuser, Oli had one in stock that he wanted to test fit on a 53, and as I am the resident Orranje part tester on it went. Really pleased with the fit for a fiber glass part, leap have done a great job and it hugs the rear bumper. Looks a little odd on mine as I have the GP rear edge trims so there is a little gap that wouldnt be there using the stock Cooper S trim it was designed for. So I'm not sure whether to switch to the cooper S trim bits or not. I have to say I wasn't the biggest fan of the diffuser after seeing it on stock looking Cooper S', however having seeing it in person on mine with the G-Wing, I think they really compliment each other and ensures the look isnt bottom heavy. Fitting video and better pictures coming soon:

Leap Tau Diffuser from Orranje by James Baker, on Flickr

·
Registered
871 Posts
This actually looks great on yours. Wasn't sure on other cars but seems to fit right in here

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Commented on your post on FB...looks really good. If you switch back to the standard trims I'd be interested in the GP trim! I do like the diffuser but think the GP would go better with what I have

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #456

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
Being hyper critical
May I humbly suggest longer/bigger rear pipes are now required

To balance the look, fat slash cut tips, perhaps wrapped in copper (will go green :tongue_smilie:)

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Being hyper critical
May I humbly suggest longer/bigger rear pipes are now required

To balance the look, fat slash cut tips, perhaps wrapped in copper (will go green :tongue_smilie:)
I have to agree with you on that one, now needs dechromed rear lights and bigger tips

441 - 460 of 472 Posts