MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’m sure it is, I’m just curious as to what level of finish they’ll achieve that’s all
So they came a checked it out, turns out that the crease in the middle of the dent is too sharp and I would be left with a line after the repair so he advised to get it traditionally fixed and painted.

Also turns out I missed some damage to the suspension, took it for a little test drive on and off the drive and got a stability warning and the wheel wasn't straight. So up in the air it went and I found pink pen on the rear lower control arms, both bent like a banana, the drivers side more than the passenger.

Picked up some replacements cheap on eBay. Next I inspected the fronts and although they look straight and no pink pen from the insurance company, I placed a metal ruler on the manufactured weak point, passenger side is straight, drivers side is bent. Looks like the car took a shunt from the front passenger side which may have forced both wheels on the drivers side to impact a kerb side on, bending both front and rear arms on that side. Again ordered a replacement front wishbone on eBay. Parts should be hear by Thursday and hoping they are a quick swap, rears seem easy enough front I haven't done before but can't be too bad, looks like a hand full of bolts.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Time to get the headlight tabs replaced as well as some simple fixes to things like the parking sensor wiring. I didn’t realise replacement headlight tabs was a thing. Saved me buying headlights which are £500+

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So the F56 got to its MOT and passed with flying colours. So it's time to start modifying it ready for MITP. I also got the aircon regassed as that all leaked out in the accident, now its icy which means I can now start using the car as its all fully road legal now:

This week I will be finishing the dechrome with OEM black belt line, black door handles and black side scuttles. I also have some LCI 2 front and read badges in black to fit.

I also started on the interior, I've gone with an LCI2 new look JCW steering wheel, which turns out is also heated so I need to work out how to retrofit the heating switch to make that work, but all the buttons etc work so its a straight swap and feels much nicer in hand

You can see I have also fitted a P3 gauge fitted in the air vent which is nice to monitor temps etc. I have also fitted CarPlay which I will cover in its own video.

I have fitting videos for all these bits coming soon.

Loving the front end on this, time to start working on the rest of the car including the rear end and some suspension:

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Finally another update, this time suspension. I re-used the airlift performance management from the R56 and bought new F56 Airrex struts. I am really impressed with the air setup on the BRZ and R56 so seemed a reasonable choice to go for it on the F56. Super easy to install and all hidden under the boot floor so I don't lose my boot.

It all needs adjusting with the front drivers side to be dropped a little more on the strut itself but really pleased

21 - 31 of 31 Posts