MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rear lights had to come off to remove the rear bumper so I could remove the stock diffuser as the clips were really tricky

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Also decided to treat the new arches etc with Gtechniq C4 as it adds a level of protection on new trim

Need to fit the rear JCW Pro Diffuser before the arches etc go back on the car, so will try and do that today/tomorrow. In the mean time the skirts look so much better with the black trim:

·
Administrator
5,526 Posts
I think there’s a term for this, tweedspeed, i do admire the progress you make old chap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tweedspeed would be a great name for a gentleman's racing club and lifestyle brand

Love the progress so far

Is the red roof staying?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tweedspeed would be a great name for a gentleman's racing club and lifestyle brand

Love the progress so far

Is the red roof staying?
Yep roof is staying, always fancied a red roof and every white silver car seems to have black wheels and a black roof.

·
Bugger
25,170 Posts
Its going to look so much better with the black arches, I've never been a big fan of colour coded arches on minis.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So after work today I decided to get the pro diffuser fitted, its trickier than I thought as its half bolted in, half bonded.

70064041_918909838466559_611228774557548544_n.jpg

Lots of tape to hold it in place for 24 hours so the glue can set

70083755_457630418154784_3718082694848970752_n.jpg

I got a little excited and worked in the dark refitting the arch trims and side skirts, will get some better photos once the rear is dry, but it already looks a million times better without the cc'd arches:

69980028_622195044974907_8878033615166898176_n.jpg

I have spare light surrounds, door handles and petrol cap on the way incase I decide to CC'd those, dont fancy black as everyone goes black now you can get them from Mini, I may even keep some chrome.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The tape will be coming off the diffuser later today, thought I would give it a full 48 hours just to be on the safe side.

In the mean time I've had a sneak preview of my steering wheel from LederManZ (Grigul_Design) out in Latvia, its on its way back in the post and should land next week. Ive had the following done to an S wheel as it seemed pointless cutting up my JCW one:

• Flat bottom added with thicker padding
  • Re-trimmed in napa leather with alcantara
  • Red details including stitching and centre band
Here was the before image:

Here is the after:

69961203_376751113005447_67025155087400960_n.jpg

I also a sports aerial today from Mini, these small tweaks are just as important to me as the big ones.

aerial.jpg

I have an order going in today with Orranje for a significant amount of stuff, the boxes would not fit in a Mini all at once. Plenty of performance parts in that order, Im not just tweaking visual stuff :)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If only you had something similar to a Mini, but was slightly long.... :) ;)

Looking forward to the end result, looks tonnes better without the cc'd arches.
LOL it wont all fit in the Range Rover, so the Clubby would have had no chance :smilielol5:

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
Christ, what are you getting?!

Ps - I can't keep track of your fleet! Took me months to cotton on that you'd sold the Mustang, and the second GT86 come to think of it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Christ, what are you getting?!

Ps - I can't keep track of your fleet! Took me months to cotton on that you'd sold the Mustang, and the second GT86 come to think of it. :)
Ha its down to the R53, F56 and a Range Rover Sport

Full exhaust, downpipe, coilovers, intake, intercooler, so a lot of big boxes.

Tape is off, will get some better pics once the front bumper is back on. :

Pro diffuser on by James Baker, on Flickr

Hope you agree it looks so much better with black arches, however much it pains me with up keep as painted arches are so easy, it does hightlight how high it sits as stock, an issues sorted with above boxes :)

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,366 Posts
I'd also suggest you look at some chunkier tyres (which will help fill the arches): when we drove the F56 JCWs around the test track at Arlanda, it felt a bit undertyred, and they do have that slightly pained (or is it stretched?) look that BMWs tend to run.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'd also suggest you look at some chunkier tyres (which will help fill the arches): when we drove the F56 JCWs around the test track at Arlanda, it felt a bit undertyred, and they do have that slightly pained (or is it stretched?) look that BMWs tend to run.
A hole new wheel/tyre setup will be going on at somepoint soon, just need to make my mind up what aftermarket wheels to go for. When my old one was at 300bhp, if definitely needed more grip and an LSD.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,387 Posts
A hole new wheel/tyre setup will be going on at somepoint soon, just need to make my mind up what aftermarket wheels to go for. When my old one was at 300bhp, if definitely needed more grip and an LSD.
215/45/17 with et43 7.5 rims, PS4 gives plenty of clearance for Jcw calipers with correct spoke design
But you will need added camber to avoid spraying vast quantities of road detritus up the side of your car
if you want to go for a chunky 225 or wider offsets

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 57 Posts