MiniTorque.com banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Thanks for all the great comments, loving this build and now finally getting some use out of it. With all the work been done it hasn't been in a position to actually use it on the road due to bits hanging off, or mid way through fitting. After buttoning up as much as I could I have done over 500 miles in it this week without issue. Up and down the M6 for work it didnt skip a beat, couple of vibrating panels due to the new stereo which will easily be sorted once all the screws/clips are back in 100% but nothing else. Need to speak to Millsy about booking it in for the cage and front brakes, just so busy with work right now and wont get chance to drop it up there this week.

Note the Corbeau Club Sport Bucket Seats are cheap for a reason, they do a job but are not comfortable in the slightest for long journeys. I dont have any back issues but it certainly ached after all the motorway miles this week sitting in them. As soon as the cage is in, the JCW Recaros are being fitted.

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
Note the Corbeau Club Sport Bucket Seats are cheap for a reason, they do a job but are not comfortable in the slightest for long journeys. I dont have any back issues but it certainly ached after all the motorway miles this week sitting in them. As soon as the cage is in, the JCW Recaros are being fitted.
Its a sign that we are all getting a touch older and wiser. MT 10 years ago was buckets or death.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
I'm just trying to think if I have actually driven any distance in the Sparco EVO II bucket ... perhaps no more than an hour at a time. It's not a Volvo, but certainly no issues so far.

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
I did a couple of long stints in my MINI with the Corbeau's last week, rate them better than the Recaro's in my Mégane. Might just be that I've got the body of a young Adonis! :lol:
I did a mega trip in my old Cobras and that was a touch painful, then again I've sat in my chums Sparco EVO2's for hours and they are like a baby seat. I think some buckets are still better than recliners. I've still not found a recliner I would be willing to part with a lot of money on over a bucket. I have stock leathers for now which are nice for tootling about in.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
I did 1300miles in a weekend in Porsche 996 GT3 RS seats which are based on the Recaro pole positions and they weren’t bad, just needed slightly more lumbar support - but I need this in most seats.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
I did a track day in the 997 which involved an early start, 300km in 3.48 hrs (plus stops for coffee, more coffee, fuel and a leak), then a bunch of sessions (with six different instructors), then some open track (two or three 20 minute sessions), and then I drove home again (which was another 4 hours in the seat, becauserozzers). It was fine. I don't think I'd have made it in the 53's standard "sports seats".

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
I did 1300miles in a weekend in Porsche 996 GT3 RS seats which are based on the Recaro pole positions and they weren’t bad, just needed slightly more lumbar support - but I need this in most seats.
My lumbar support comes from chicken nuggets.

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
I've driven to London non stop in the Sparco Evo2's and they're cosy enough, mounted straight to the floor they're low enough to allow a straighter leg and tilted enough to support under the knee a bit so not so bad, the back ache and right hip ache I have is because some cunt threw a Mercedes W209 CLK ragtop at me so that won't be healing any time soon, considering, the seats aren't so bad but ones bony arse could use a bit more padding, that will be sorted when I swap to Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit GT's just as soon as the others (non GT's) sell, then these will possibly go back to OEM as I start to transfer stuff to the other car maybe....

Reactions: tcbw

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Latest updates include the return of my interior trims from Sean at Inspire Automotives. He has done a great job using real alcantara and leather, split with a red stitch detail. Really please with his work and will match perfectly with everything else in there:

Fitted, I will take some better pics when I get some time:

Also founds some time over the weekend to get the car in the air and drop the suspension on the front to get rid of the rake:

Sitting much better:

Yellowspeed brakes should be with me tomorrow and I am picking up another big part tonight, more to come on that once its in my possession.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Another piece of custom work I've done this week is to fit the reverse camera for the headunit. It's this big ugly cube that I didnt want just stuck to the bottom side of the numberplate recess etc as that just wouldn't look right.

So I decided that as I no longer have rear window wipers, I dont need the washer jet located under the lip of the roof:

I used a dremel tool to make the round hole into a square and used fast setting adhesive hold the camera in place then it was just a case of feeding the wiring under the trim/seals and all done.

You cant see it from behind the car which is perfect and just what I wanted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in LOVE with this build!

Can you measure your ride height for me? (hub center to fender lip) Stance looks great.

Excellent spot for the camera, too. Looks like it was meant to be there.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
I've driven to London non stop in the Sparco Evo2's and they're cosy enough, mounted straight to the floor they're low enough to allow a straighter leg and tilted enough to support under the knee a bit so not so bad, the back ache and right hip ache I have is because some cunt threw a Mercedes W209 CLK ragtop at me so that won't be healing any time soon, considering, the seats aren't so bad but ones bony arse could use a bit more padding, that will be sorted when I swap to Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit GT's just as soon as the others (non GT's) sell, then these will possibly go back to OEM as I start to transfer stuff to the other car maybe....
Sorry TB but can I just ask CoB how he mounted his Evo2s to the floor? I had Sparco side mounts but the holes didn't line up with the car, so I used a Sparco/R53 floor mount which added 3cm or so to the height...

181 - 200 of 215 Posts