MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Since I'm new to the forum first a little something about me ;)

I'm Mitchell, 20 years old from the Netherlands, driving my pure silver mini r50 now for about a year and a half I really do like it, as all you probably could imagine. I studied mechanical engineering and now work at shipyard as workpreparator.

Now to get to the point of my idea I am kinda having, and since I have a weird rattle in my engine since lately I might actually try it out.
But some expertise might be helpfull.

My idea was to use an r53 engine with off course the transmission and turbo this engine in using the r50 computer and cable tree. and then off course swap it into my r50

Relocating the battery to the back isn't really going to be an issue in my eyes as long as you do it nice.

So my main question to you, is using the r50 cable tree on a r53 engine possible using the r50 computer?

Or am I dreaming a bit to much?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mitchell

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
It would be wise to get a standalone ecu if you are going turbo, as Colin said above. Then you will not to worry about the wiring too, among all the other things

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Surely if you are fitting it to an R50 then the easiest thing to do is swap the engine looms over so you have all the necessary wiring already and then either run it on a standard r53 ecu or a standalone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts