MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Cooper s Coupé (R58) and I am looking to get an exhaust.... likely Akrapivich and a remap. I am tempted to change the air filter but am lead to believe the MAF sensor is easily damaged by all the options available and staying with the oem paper ones and changing yearly is safer. Is this true and if not what options should I consider ? I am also considering changing only one of the air pipes, the one on the left hand side of the engine when viewing from the front of the car as it look slightly deformed and restrictive. I am not decatting or going 100 or 200 cell. Are there better exhaust options? Should I fit an OCC too and if so which one? Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Have a look on Instagram of what others are doing. AEM intake or ITG/K&N cotton panel filter, plenty of discussions but both will work. Sport cat or decat, upgraded FMIC by airtec, forge etc and a remap. Done

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd check out jonwilson_jcw on insta, he has my favourite coupe by far and he updates every step on there so can get an idea of where to go :closedeyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so this is where I’m up to so far.
- Forge intake pipe fitted
- ITG air filter fitted
- GTT OCC on order
- Forge boost pipe on throttle body Being fitted on Tuesday
- scorpion cat back, in resonated exhaust Being fitted next Friday
- DMS remap booked for next Friday
😎