MiniTorque.com banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Shame to see you had pulley problems again, see there was another in the air in the background of your pic too!

Who is your breakdown cover with? Due to renew ours and would be handy to have cover at track days next year for those that are further afield as Dad has a flat bed so could do Brands but may grumble at those 2 hours + away.

Love how cleanly you’ve done the rear diffuser, really does look spot on.

New goodies are always a nice way to rekindle the love 😎

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Shame to see you had pulley problems again, see there was another in the air in the background of your pic too!

Who is your breakdown cover with? Due to renew ours and would be handy to have cover at track days next year for those that are further afield as Dad has a flat bed so could do Brands but may grumble at those 2 hours + away.

Love how cleanly you’ve done the rear diffuser, really does look spot on.

New goodies are always a nice way to rekindle the love
It was amazing how many minis were on Jack’s after the first hour, definitely part of the mini culture

So my cover is with a company called Phillip Williams but this is only available to me due to one of the perks of my partners job.

Although mentioning your dad has a flatbed I would certainly be persuading him rather than relying on any breakdown cover!

Thanks I haven’t seen many with it done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Removed the cam cover to inspect for anything and try and find an annoying top end sound which had developed.

Pretty sure it’s the hydraulic valve adjusters so have removed all of them to give a service (vice and penetration spray).

Good thing too, this roller above didn’t look great, no damage to the cam. Luckily I’ve got a spare set so will be swapping over.

The second one with signs of putting, all the others ok. All HVA’s free’d off and re fitted awaiting for next start up, once all the other parts have been fitted.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
It was amazing how many minis were on Jack’s after the first hour, definitely part of the mini culture

So my cover is with a company called Phillip Williams but this is only available to me due to one of the perks of my partners job.

Although mentioning your dad has a flatbed I would certainly be persuading him rather than relying on any breakdown cover!

Thanks I haven’t seen many with it done properly.

😂 I've been lucky thus far but I'm sure my time will come.

Very handy work perk! I know AA cover track days but I just left them due to being extortionate. Got a few months to butter Dad up ready for next year 😂

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Cheers, that’s what it’s about. Sharing ideas, can’t say I haven’t done the same. Meth controller location was inspired by Colin [mention]Astroboy [/mention]

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
What front pads have you used as either missed it or not in the thread, cheers

Also what do you think to the silverline rear arms as may use them when I rebuild the rear suspension and did you fit new bushes to the front of the mounts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
What front pads have you used as either missed it or not in the thread, cheers

Also what do you think to the silverline rear arms as may use them when I rebuild the rear suspension and did you fit new bushes to the front of the mounts.
I’ve used EBC blue stuff pads because I got 50% discount at the time so thought I’d give them a go, they are ok I haven’t had any issues. However I’d probably give PBS a try as they seem to be a really cost effective alternative.

Just stuck with the OEM 56 bushes in the arms however I will be changing them to some KnD spherical bearing bushes next year.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts