MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Very tidy that reminds me, I need one of those R56 heat shields.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
the difference an exhaust that's made to fit makes

I've never been keen on battery box removal to do this, or the look of the diffusers beneath the lower bumper trim and the lookalike vent panels of the 53 or some more extreme ducts out there in particular, but have to concede this actually looks right, it's neat underneath using the right parts to complete it by the looks of it, the underfloor panelling is something I've wanted to look at and for sure doesn't look out of place, so well done for taking the time to do it differently, investing a bit in it, it shows.

I'd like to see how the front of the underfloor panelling blends, also the fittings etc and layout above the panel maybe with other angles of it all together if you have any other images, aware pics can make things look different, I guess there's no cat, I don't think I'd want to run a bung personally so would have to find a way to get it quieter as t don't want a cat either really haha. I think I prefer the look to my other car where the zorst comes through the bumper cover tbh.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Very tidy that reminds me, I need one of those R56 heat shields.

Goes well as it lines up with the centre rear heat shield and can screw the back into the foam around the crash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Thanks guys. Doing the 4 wheel alignment this afternoon, I’ll try and get some more angles of the panelling for you [mention]CarsOrBikes [/mention]

I’m looking into adapting an R60 countryman panel or similar for underneath the engine too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

4 wheel alignment being adjusted yesterday just before Bedford later on.

Some more pictures of the R56 flat floor panels [mention]CarsOrBikes [/mention]

Had a GTT header tank lying around so thought I’d fit that too.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
625 Posts
Cars looks flawless. Super clean! Congrats mate

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Well... not quite the result I was expecting at Bedford on Friday evening. No signs of symptoms on the ‘spirited’ 2 hour drive up there, and no play on the checks prior.

But this was how it went home after the first lap.

Straight into limp mode just out of the pits, what appeared to be a shredded belt, which was new anyway. Stripped out in the pits to find the vibration damper completely fooked!

In a strange way I’m glad it happened while I was there rather than prior because Dave at Opentrack has given me a full day at Brands Hatch on Tuesday!

...Meaning I have very little time to replace it and get it tested.

Around 24 hrs after getting back into its home and the replacement is fitted! My local breaker Alan saved the day once again and had one off an 07 R52. Looked & felt ok but confidence has been knocked as it would.

Let’s hope Tuesday goes smoothly!

·
Registered
878 Posts
That's a bit of bad luck but at least it's nothing major and you'll be back out on track soon

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice build! Shame it didn’t want to play ball on Friday, at least it’s nothing major and you got it turned round nice and quick. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Mega unlucky. I’ve noticed my belt tensioner has started misbehaving too, more than likely consequential due to the damper failure.

Luckily got a spare so I’ll chuck that on tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Yesterday I went up to Nuneaton to pick up my Safety Devices Half cage, this was sold by Justin with the 500bhp+ R53 build. Mental car before it was broken.

Just test fitting, plans are to drop this off to the powdercoaters along with a few other bits to match the OMP yellow.

When lifting the seals I found some rust on both sides of doors, this had to be sorted.

Rubbed back and primed.

And painted, will keep an eye on these although should be fine now.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts