MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #41


One of my bonnet cables seized so was a pain getting into the bonnet so changed the catch and cables.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #42


Fitted a KAVS 17% reduction pulley after.



Seen a few people had fitted a GP2 diffuser to theirs so thought I’d give it a go myself. Bit of a PITA.



Wrapped the headlight surrounds too, this is how it was looking at this stage.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #43


Fitted an R56S standard exhaust (removed chrome tips) fitment of this was really poor, will be getting a custom system made.



Went on a 6 hour round trip to grab an aero kit! Well worth it imo.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #44


Rust spot above the boot handle started to annoy me so got the bumper and tailgate blown in.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I now had a garage so could really push on with things and leave the car in pieces without worrying.



These were the trailing arms removed from the car, Bit rough

Picking up some R56 trailing arms and had them sand blasted.





Sprayed in black, paint took very well once it was blasted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46


Now was a good time to do the supercharger service as had been on my list for a while.

Got a bit carried away with this and decided to refresh things at the same time.



Charger removed and it was quite clear none of this had been disturbed for a while, if ever.



An alternator which was nearly seized. Probably didn’t help I’d only covered about 5 miles since the trackday several months before.

Apparently the cracked casing is something that these alternators suffered with. Anyway there was only one place that was going... the bin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #47


What was removed from the supercharger, a lot less than what should be in there. Very glad I did this.





Nothing like a wire brush and some brake cleaner to get all the shit off!



Might as well spray it while I’m here!



And other bits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #48




Some engine enamel paint, this was with one coat. Much nicer on the eye.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #49


While the front was apart I also took the rear subframe down for a refresh. Decided to get it blasted and powder coated along with a few other bits and pieces.





And spray bits I’d forgotten to give to the powder coaters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50


Supercharger serviced, New water pump, New alternator and new crank sensor and dipstick o-rings.



Inlet manifold vapour blaster and clear coated, new injectors (had lying around) but stock for the moment as wasn’t planning to map. New rocker gasket and stainless steel bolts/rubbers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #51


Did some research and got a lithium battery, also re-routed the battery + cable up through one of the passenger rear seat holes (rubber grommet fitted).

Riv-nutted the cage onto the body so that this could be removed/ installed easily.



Rear subframe back up. I forgot to mention earlier I used R56 S exhaust brackets and fitted them in a similar position to on the R56 after some cutting, the original hanger locations were too far apart for my liking.



New rear wheel bearings, 20mm Whiteline adjustable rear ARB, Silver project adjustable RCA and trailing arms fitted, new bolts where necessary.



Rear subframe build complete fitted a new heat shield also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #52




Fronts back together. Just waiting for a bigger intercooler.



Colour coded arch trims, long overdue a clean.



I also did the belt line kit recently.



This brings us up to scratch, to Covid-19. I have had some Sparco REV GRP light 8855 buckets which have been sat in my living room for ages so I will get round to fitting them now in isolation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Damn! That's a proper update! Looking good!

Did you get an N14 or N18 R56 exhaust? The N18 fits much better
Thanks guys, That’s interesting I didn’t know they were different. Must be an N14 one I have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,546 Posts
Thanks guys, That’s interesting I didn’t know they were different. Must be an N14 one I have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the N14 had a kink in it just before the back of meaning it forced the exhausts to point down and to the side

Switched it to an N18 an the pipe was straight and it fitted exactly as I wanted it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah the N14 had a kink in it just before the back of meaning it forced the exhausts to point down and to the side

Switched it to an N18 an the pipe was straight and it fitted exactly as I wanted it!


Like so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Top