MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
If it's for track, you don't want APs. Too soft. Get something with some adjustable front top mounts so you can dial in some camber for track. Adjustabkle rear control arms to sort the rear camber.

Look at something with a higher spring rate.

Get wheels at the right fitment, no need to space them.

Get a 3, 5 or 6 point harness so you don't slide out the bottom of it on a head-on.

CatCam 469, you'll want some 550cc injectors and a map (1320!).

Get some decent brakes, the R56S brakes will work well, decent pads, discs and fluid and you're sorted.

·
Premium Member
5,243 Posts
Ran a 469 to 7700 and it never showed any signs of tailing off. Blower was running out of steam though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm similar but the rate of climb up the top on a 469 is dropping away compared to my Kent and only gave 3 more with an additional 400.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

So in the free time I had today got to make some good progress on refurbing my callipers!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Haven’t posted in a while, anyway the brakes are done, as I have a few sets of part worn OEM front discs I thought I’d save myself a few quid and thrash what’s left of the ones I have.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What's next on the list?
Well I was looking for some TD pro race 1.2’s....

But I may have picked these up earlier on this week - O.Z. Alleggerita’s. Pleased with the outcome.

Just doing my research on coilovers, AP’s seem to be the minimum although the car will hardly be daily driven. Teins are a strong possibility, although I am leaning towards saving a bit extra for the KW ST XA’s.

·
Premium Member
5,243 Posts
or nice accurate YCW's equipped with Swift springs perhaps?......

YCW coilovers.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Just doing my research on coilovers, AP’s seem to be the minimum although the car will hardly be daily driven. Teins are a strong possibility, although I am leaning towards saving a bit extra for the KW ST XA’s.
Save a little bit more and get the XTAs with adjustable top mounts.

Didn't know they did yellow Z4s, had a Google, they look awesome with a few mods!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Some nice plans on the boil, and some good advice there too!

Defiantly recommend Bedford as a good start for a first track day. So much space to explore both the cars and your own ability. They are a bit harsh on the noise limit though, one drive by trip and your off for the day!. I have a Janspeed manifold, resonated miltek system with cat in place and didn't have any issues. There was a few of them on the day that didn't get out at all or got pulled off the track (mostly the m3's).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just over a year since my last post! Safe to say buying a house with the Mrs took priority over the build.

Anyway I’ve been busy recently so thought I’d revive this thread and we are in lockdown of course so why not.

They were mullered, this was before first trackday last year @ Snetterton, great fun. Definitely got the bug.

One of my favourite shots, still on standard SUS

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Picked up another head to have a play around with some DIY porting.

The restriction on the exhaust ports on these heads is huge.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Purchased a whole bonnet with the projector lights which mine was specced with from factory but didn’t have.

When I purchased the car I was aware it had an impact at the front at some stage in its life, anyway when it had been repaired they had put non xenon lights in and this always bothered me, the bonnet also suffered with distortion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Removal of the awful battery box.

Mocked up a piece of sheet steel ready for body glueing and riveting.

Also purchased the ST XTA’s in the mean time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)

Picked up a JANSPEED manifold, had to carry out a repair as was leaking from the middle of the branches hence the welds below the heat wrap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Some interior bits, Alcantara pillars and an OMP Targa 330mm wheel. Amazing how much a steering wheel can change the car.

21 - 40 of 179 Posts