So after waiting over a month the tie rod assemblies/ gaiters and wheel bearing kits had arrived from AUTODOC (brexit delays). This meant I could crack on with the subframe and put the car back together.
The brands chosen are pretty much identical to what’s supplied from factory but without the premium.
The amount of play in the tie rods was VERY surprising. The front end is going to feel brand new.
Some would say this is unnecessary but I had some lying around so I recoated the inside of the subframe with cavity wax, in the event the subframe does stone chip this should guarantee some extra protection.
The lower steering column gaiter had split and come and the subframe was visible from inside the car. Replaced with a new one, all nice and snug.
PAS fan cleaned and rusty screws replaced with some spares, mild ocd kicking in.
Steering rack bush, probably never going to notice the difference between this and and the OE which doesn’t wear but I decided to replace it anyway.
Decided to go for a genuine engine mount, I spotted this at my local breakers on one of his subframes it’s pretty much new. Super pro inserts fitted.
Super pro offset castor bushes, these have been purchased in conjunction with the Powerflex PFF5-132G additional negative camber inner lower arm ball joints. The ball joints increase the negative camber -1.25 degrees. These offset castor bring the castor back to neutral after fitting the ball joints.
Been meaning to change for a while, ever since I fitted my engine strut brace the length of stud was very short.
I found out KW sold extended studs so contacted them direct and purchased 6, these had to be pressed in and out using the hydraulic press at work.