MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Love the GP on the R56, but fear it's now going to be dog arse common :(
They will soon be known as the MT spoiler :laugh:

A long story short £60 fine and notice to dvla for my plate, had to remove the tints from my front windows. And a warning to change my exhaust. He didn't buy the fact it was a BMW exhaust lol. So if he sees my car again he will seise it and prosecute me. He didnt check emissions or anything, was just going on about the noise. I was driving normally and the exhaust was quiet as I knew he followed me out the petrol station, so it wasnt even loud! Then he made me rev it when pulling me over, which I replied I am not a chav who sits there revving it!

And from what I remember at the Tunnel Run your car is fooooookin loud!
All tunnel runners remember your exhaust, Tom :lol:

·
Bugger
25,333 Posts
your lucky he didnt test for a cat or you would have points, you know front tints are illegal so deal with it, but the noise thing is debatable, my old MCS was epicly loud and i never got tugged because of the noise, up here they dont seem to care about noise

·
Registered
581 Posts
Precisely, I'm sure the noise was an after thought.

By putting illegal plates and tints on, that's what they'd have noticed.
Besides, I think any other plate looks shit IMO.

Keep the decat though :)

·
Bugger
25,333 Posts

theres a reason i never ran tints, and kept my plates 100% stock, got tugged once for speeding but he turned out to be decent when he realized i wasnt one of the local chavs, i loved his one of your one of the few people ive pulled over with legal and matching tyres

·
Banned
5,017 Posts
theres a reason i never ran tints, and kept my plates 100% stock, got tugged once for speeding but he turned out to be decent when he realized i wasnt one of the local chavs, i loved his one of your one of the few people ive pulled over with legal and matching tyres

·
Registered
581 Posts
Lol, nice one.

They'll always look for the easier ticket and tints/plates are exactly that.

Live and learn I suppose.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #209

I wasn;t aware my tints were illegal! They were different to the rears, the 30% or whatever it is is legal, but it appears the mini windows are tinted to the maximum legal limit from the factory. To be honest they dont even look tinted to me! But if you look at the window where the bits of writing are and it says AS2 then they are at the legal limit and you can put nothing on them! Worth checking it out!

Again the exhaust I was not aware was illegal, how many other people here are!? As I said I drive normally about town, the exhaust is not loud when I am driving normally. I think it is bullshit when there are cars out htere standard from the factory louder than my exhaust. And also motor bikes too. This needs to be changed in my opinion and a maximum DB or something given.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
There is a law that states any exhaust that is designed to be louder than standard is an offence, which will more than likely be dealt with by a VDRS, vehicle defect rectification scheme, where you will need to return to standard and have an Mot testing stamp the form to say the work has been completed. No fine involved, just expense of labour.

Love the GP on the R56, but fear it's now going to be dog arse common :(
This is exactly what he showed me but I forgot to get him to write it down for me! But it was section 94 or something but no amount of googling can I find it. Going to ask a friend whos ad used to be a traffic cop in Scotland.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
What a PITA !! Where did they 'catch you' ? Definately nothing better to do as there are far louder cars out there than a fJCW with decat... do you even have to rev it if he says to do so ? Would be interesting to have heard what he would do if you said only if you pay for the petrol I would be wasting ??

I know the R56 is definately louder from the outside than from the drivers seat but still, what a douche...

Also, liking the spoiler :thumbup:
It was in Sudbury, traffic cop for Sudbury from the Bury base.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Another reason not to have chav glass..... *cough* I mean tints! :lol:

I had a run in them when I ran a piper cat back....

Had my first run with the po po, I was pootling along at 40-45mph in a 50, came round a bend and there was a road closed and two officers.....

Officer1: "Do you know the speed limit on here sir?"
Batou: "Yes it's 50, I was doing 40-45 as it's damp... "
Officer2: "It sounded like you were doing a bit more than that."
Batou: "No, it's just loud you'll see when I spin it round and go back that way. Kcheersbai"
Batoumobile: "BWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAATTOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #214

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Just read this thread as I had missed it before, great read and a really good project to learn from.

Time for a quick reserection, about the exhaust and de-cat, I am aware that it is illegal to have the decat but I was not aware of there being penalty points applied for it. I thought that they issued you with a fine and forced you to have an MOT taken and passed within 7 or 14 days confirming the switch to a legal exhaust?

Please correct me if I have been misinformed.

Also, just like to add that that copper is a complete knob, he should be sent to East London to deal with knife and gun crime before issuing fines for people idling along in a car that is very quiet compared to a bunch of 16 year old ridding around in groups of 40 at 3am with illegal exhausts on their scooters....

Rant over.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
All redy to head off to Le Mans in 4.5 hours!

Because race car.........................

Reactions: Si-87
201 - 217 of 217 Posts