MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Noticed a noise in my R52 in the last few days, thought it was a flat tyre at first but it's not. Makes it at all speeds but seems to quieten on left bends but not on right and seemed to be drivers side but obviously difficult to tell when you're driving if it's on passenger as well. First thoughts were wheel bearing so jacked up this morning and get this ticking noise when turning the wheel
No noticeable play or movement in the wheel itself and it's making the same noise on both front wheels. Not sure it is the bearings now but not had them fail before so unsure on what noise they make, does it sound like bearings or something else?
Thanks 馃憤

Premium Member
sounds like it's in the box from that clip, check it's oil, and get under it and move the wheel perhaps

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. Noises are difficult to pinpoint sometimes but I'm not convinced the ticking was coming from the hub and may have been from further in under the car but didn't have the clearance to get under properly. Will look at the cv's as well, if nothing else to discount them

Premium Member
Could be a completely dry CV.
too high a count vs movement me thinks

I'm guessing tooth damage

it sounds dry too

Registered
It does sound dry & I certainly won't argue with your experience, just thought if it was drivers side, perhaps the gearbox being at the other side of the car could mean other possibilities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts