MiniTorque.com banner

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the second place in the race!

Roll cage looks excellent, did You notice the increase in chassis stiffness?

How many cc are stock injectors? Is there anything bigger that would be plug and play?

Before manual boost control, You had stock MAP sensor, did You have to replace it for going above 1.5 bar. I read somewhere that JCW sensor is rated for higher pressure. But I can't find it now. Can You confirm?

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,443

How many cc are stock injectors? Is there anything bigger that would be plug and play?

Before manual boost control, You had stock MAP sensor, did You have to replace it for going above 1.5 bar. I read somewhere that JCW sensor is rated for higher pressure. But I can't find it now. Can You confirm?
The chassis is definitely stiffer with the cage.
I don’t know how many cc are the injectors. I am not ready yet to surpass the stock limit. I need to concentrate in my driving first. I don’t need more power at the moment.
Currently I am using a programmable boost control which is controlled with throttle and rpm. Much better than the rpm only control.
Yes I think the JCW map sensors are bigger than 1.5bar. I use the stock Cooper S with the correct scaling in the tune. I know it’s not the best solution but it works 6 years now without problems, so I’ll leave it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,445 (Edited)
Ok.

What made You change Your LSD? Quaiffe was not suitable? Giken is a clutch plate LSD?
Any comparison or review on both?
Quaife is a torsen LSD which works very good on the road. When the inner wheel starts spinning it delivers torque to the other. When you press hard on track this process is quite slow and valuable time is lost while spinning.
The plated diff like Giken is much faster in response cause it is preloaded and doesn’t let any spinning. This gives you the opportunity to turn in significantly faster and come on gas much earlier.
For example, with the Quaife I could accelerate after the apex to avoid wheel spin and with the Giken I can smash the gas pedal before apex. This equates faster lap times and a remarkable driving experience.
Also on deceleration both are very good as they are not very aggressive.
The Giken can be setup to your own driving style, the Quaife is fixed.

I would recommend the Giken for serious track involvement, not the occasional track day user.
Otherwise the Quaife is very good for everything else.
That doesn’t mean that the Giken isn’t a better lsd all around, much more expensive too (you get what you paid for).
Not to forget to mention that I’ve been using the Quaife both on road and in track the past 6 years without any issues. True maintenance free part.
The Giken will have to prove its durability. Time will tell.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
The Quaife isn't slow, it just only transfers up to 60% of drive to the other wheel,

An MFactory ATB can transfer up to 75% of drive to the other wheel, a significant 25% over the Quaife and it is very noticeable.

The advantage of a plated diff of course being that it can be tailored/customised and works on overrun if built to, but not a one size fits all, or fit and forget.

I'd like to run one in one box, maybe a 1.5 or 2 way sometime soon.... do you know the spec of the OS Giken?

·
Registered
69 Posts

There are no "plug and play" injectors, all require new scaling of the fuel map in the ECU.
There are a few options, the GM injectors from the Opel/Vauxhall Astra opc should fit with minor work at the fuel rail.
Also Comkotes Tuning sells some uprated injectors for the 208/308 GTi. They say the limitation lies in the flow of the injectors, because the fuel pump doesn't handle higher than stock pressures well. So higher flowing injectors are the best way for more fuel.

I personally would like to try out the GM injectors with a BMW hpfp. I think that water/meth is not a good solution for higher fuel needs.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts