MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 1447 Posts

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
In transit to Milano at the moment...
Bear with me, they will be here in two-three days.
As soon as they arrive I'll post pictures, take weight measurements etc. to have comparative data against the stock ones.
I'll also make a step by step guide including details about the disassembly of the brake calipers, the custom made adapter to offset the caliper in the right direction and the fitting of the new discs-pads...

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
Look forward to seeing the result of this.

I see you are in Greece, did you source the DS2500's locally, I have a mate who is looking for some for an R56

·
Registered
241 Posts
Do you have the standard rear brakes or the JCW ones? I thought you have the second ones and Ferodo doesn't make the DS2500 for them, don't they?

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Do you have the standard rear brakes or the JCW ones? I thought you have the second ones and Ferodo doesn't make the DS2500 for them, don't they?
I have the JCW rears. I wanted to find DS2500s for the rear but there is not a similar design unfortunately. That's why I went for the Carbotech instead.
Tbh I don't think the pads for JCW rears are different than the stock Cooper S rears. But again I could be wrong...

The front DS2500 that I have been using for a year or so, are for another car and needed trimming/lowering their thickness prior installation in order to fit the Brembo calipers. On the other hand they held pretty well, twice they managed to warp the discs!
Certainly a pad I would recommend for mild-medium racing use...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the JCW rears. I wanted to find DS2500s for the rear but there is not a similar design unfortunately. That's why I went for the Carbotech instead.
Tbh I don't think the pads for JCW rears are different than the stock Cooper S rears. But again I could be wrong...

The front DS2500 that I have been using for a year or so, are for another car and needed trimming/lowering their thickness prior installation in order to fit the Brembo calipers. On the other hand they held pretty well, twice they managed to warp the discs!
Certainly a pad I would recommend for mild-medium racing use...
Yes, you're right: both rear brakes use the same pads (I didn't remember it). You said: "First, I am going to try the XP8s front with Ferodo DS2500 rear (already fitted)." and that's why I thought you were using DS2500 for the rear ones. Anyway, I think that the XP8 are really good. Are you happy with them? Thanks a lot for your help :thumbup:

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes, you're right: both rear brakes use the same pads (I didn't remember it). You said: "First, I am going to try the XP8s front with Ferodo DS2500 rear (already fitted)." and that's why I thought you were using DS2500 for the rear ones. Anyway, I think that the XP8 are really good. Are you happy with them? Thanks a lot for your help :thumbup:
My bad. Sorry for the misconception.
XP8s front are going on as we speak together with the new discs and the modified JCW Brembo calipers...
Stay tuned...more feedback coming shortly...

You are welcome...doing my best to share every little bit of detail I find along my venture. Thought would be handful for others.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just realised you are in Greece...so you are probably right, local maybe best:lol:

Hope it all goes well, let me know how you get on.

61 - 80 of 1447 Posts