MiniTorque.com banner

241 - 260 of 1447 Posts

·
GP Pilot 1238
2,361 Posts
Just read this start to finish - twice infact!

You've given me a shpping list of a fair few things which I shall be purchasing on Monday.

In the longer term I want to get hold of a fJCW turbo and a manifold so that I can match as you have done then swap it round with mine.

My Mrs wants to re-build our engine with forged internals so I look forward to seeing how you get on before we try it haha!

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Just read this start to finish - twice infact!

You've given me a shpping list of a fair few things which I shall be purchasing on Monday.

In the longer term I want to get hold of a fJCW turbo and a manifold so that I can match as you have done then swap it round with mine.

My Mrs wants to re-build our engine with forged internals so I look forward to seeing how you get on before we try it haha!
Shortly I will start a thread regarding the anatomy of a JCW turbo which will be a bombshell !!!

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Shortly I will start a thread regarding the anatomy of a JCW turbo which will be a bombshell !!!

Same as stock with just a bigger compressor wheel?

Details please. We could organise a 2 man group buy :lol:

·
Registered
138 Posts
For some people in here Santa came a bit earlier, lucky you Themis :) . I might need one of them if you don't mind cause at the moment my mini is 3-cylinder (sort of)

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Dimitri, sadly your photos are not visible. After the enhancements to the website there are several posting difficulties, and posting photos through tapatalk is one of them...
Try uploading through photobucket and paste the link.

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Stripped the gearbox today...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357765242.681020.jpg

Glad to see it is in mint condition, and a very nice and strong unit. The gears used and the quality of this Getrag gearbox is truly remarkable.
No micro welds were noticed inside the gearbox...there is actually a magnet inside it which will do the job just incase. Also the oil was not contaminated after 45000 miles. Going to change the open OEM diff with the Quaife and both top and bottom bearings.

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
Nice to know the strength of the box appears good enough for a bit more stick !

It also appears that the seemingly excessive oil change intervals aren't that ott

241 - 260 of 1447 Posts