MiniTorque.com banner

221 - 240 of 1447 Posts

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823068.444144.jpg

Genuine part=hollogram. It's amazing how many counterfeit "HKS" made in China parts are out there. There are also many other details to check to tell the difference between them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823106.508486.jpg

Aluminum fitting adapter. It will be welded onto my aluminum pipe pre TB.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823241.134129.jpg

Aluminum recirculating adapter. A 29mm hose will be directed to the air intake hose, where the front PCV is connected.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823330.488186.jpg

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
A'PEXi AVC-R Boost controller

More JDM parts coming...

This is one of the best boost controllers in the market today.
It features a highly sophisticated boost control and solenoid duty according to:

• Engine RPM
  • Gear specific boost control
  • Self-learning function
  • Sensor output display monitor
  • 0,2-2,0bar in 0,05bar increments
  • Scramble mode
  • Peak-hold function
  • Replay mode
  • 4 channel output
Pics to follow...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
This thread makes me sad now, all these lovely parts keep showing up, maybe one day i can own such nice goodies but for now i will look on and wonder....::getcoat::

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Are you running the stock ecu?
Yes.

Ran one of these on my Scooby - they are awesome :)
Indeed they are. Have been using them in various project cars and they work flawlessly!

This thread makes me sad now, all these lovely parts keep showing up, maybe one day i can own such nice goodies but for now i will look on and wonder....::getcoat::
I am spoiling myself with this project car big time...normally I am not like that...:lol:
But if it makes you feel less sad, I can stop teasing you. :drool:

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #229 (Edited)
Head work in progress...

Clearing the closed throats and polishing to a very fine surface...
I know it's not CNC work but the guy doing it, is very experienced in the Motorsport world. All it takes is knowledge and patience with small steps undertaken cause the design of the OEM head is already good. This work combined with the camshafts and the superflo valves will provide good gains on its own...

View attachment 13358

Stay tuned, shortly more to come...

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #230 (Edited)
Twin Oil/Air Separator

Another box is coming my way from the US...

View attachment 13384

View attachment 13388

View attachment 13387

View attachment 13381

With the help of MinIan (thank you for pointing me out this product) and the research I had made in the global market, this seems to be the most legitimate, real, available, ready to buy, good design air/oil separator. It will help combat the carbon build up inside the head, intake valves, piston crowns separating the oil from the oil mist and returning more clean fumes not contaminated with oil.
It's a twin setup for both pcv lines. Further info in the next post...

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
have you fitted yours yet?
it will be interesting and informative to start a new thread on "tried and tested" with fitting options, reviews about the amount of oil separated every, lets say, 5k miles and state the oil consumption of each engine as well.
No, not yet, actually just sent you a pm mate :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Was there any reason why you didn't go for the Mini specific HKS bov kit? Will you be fitting it in the same place as the kit or somewhere different? And also guessing it will need the map tweaked to suit? I really want an HKS on mine too, not sure whether to do what your doing and mount my own or get the HKS kit...

Also that catch can looks great...where can I get one?

Sorry for all the questions, this is a great build you've got going here!

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Was there any reason why you didn't go for the Mini specific HKS bov kit? Will you be fitting it in the same place as the kit or somewhere different? And also guessing it will need the map tweaked to suit? I really want an HKS on mine too, not sure whether to do what your doing and mount my own or get the HKS kit...

Also that catch can looks great...where can I get one?

Sorry for all the questions, this is a great build you've got going here!
Thanks for your kind words.

The main reason for going with separate HKS parts and not the kit is the price. The kit was overpriced with double the price cause it incorporates silicon couples, aluminum pipe and fixings. I already have my own aluminum custom made pipe there and my Samcos so, no need for them. Add to that the fact that with the kit it wasn't certain that you get the latest design SQV which is the SQV-4.
It will be fitted on this aluminum pipe roughly a little bit closer to the TB.

View attachment 13432

View attachment 13433

The map does not need to be tweaked specifically for the HKS.

As far as the OCC is concerned, all the info you need is on the post above. E-mail the guy and he will get back to you. I paid via PayPal and he was super-responsive.

I hope this post helped you...

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
As far as the OCC is concerned, all the info you need is on the post above. E-mail the guy and he will get back to you. I paid via PayPal and he was super-responsive.

I hope this post helped you...
Also worth noting with regard to the catch cans - Saikou recommended NOT to use the ones with sight tubes on cars that have increased boost via remap

·
Registered
757 Posts
The main reason for going with separate HKS parts and not the kit is the price. The kit was overpriced with double the price cause it incorporates silicon couples, aluminum pipe and fixings. I already have my own aluminum custom made pipe there and my Samcos so, no need for them. Add to that the fact that with the kit it wasn't certain that you get the latest design SQV which is the SQV-4.
Yes the kit costs a bomb! I did manage to pick up a second hand one for my last MCS, but never fitted it in the end as I had read that fitting an atmospheric valve would bring up a CEL and have a negative effect on the way the car ran? Hence my question about the mapping, I'm considering getting another one but getting Evolve to alter the ECU to suit. I assume you intend to vent rather than use the recirc fitting in the HKS?

Your way of mounting it does look good, maybe I could get someone to do something similar for mine. Are there many advantages with the SSQV-4 over the previous models?

·
Themis
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #240 (Edited)
Yes the kit costs a bomb! I did manage to pick up a second hand one for my last MCS, but never fitted it in the end as I had read that fitting an atmospheric valve would bring up a CEL and have a negative effect on the way the car ran? Hence my question about the mapping, I'm considering getting another one but getting Evolve to alter the ECU to suit. I assume you intend to vent rather than use the recirc fitting in the HKS?

Your way of mounting it does look good, maybe I could get someone to do something similar for mine. Are there many advantages with the SSQV-4 over the previous models?
Important info about HKS you can find here: http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f13/hks-ssqv-original-vs-counterfeit-beware-30837/

I have not fitted mine yet but, logically thinking, engines without MAF that do not meter the pressurized air inside the boost pipe system should not be affected by a BOV.
No VTA for me...have passed that age a long time ago. The recirculation adapter will be fitted as I am not in fond of the irritating/whistling noise the HKS makes.

221 - 240 of 1447 Posts