MiniTorque.com banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanted to ask for a recommendation for run-flats for my 07 r56. Currently fitted with continental contisport3 ssr. Got a suggestion for pzero rf. Are they any better?

·
Learning!
5,767 Posts
Wanted to ask for a recommendation for run-flats for my 07 r56. Currently fitted with continental contisport3 ssr. Got a suggestion for pzero rf. Are they any better?
I'm afraid the only recommendation you'll get on here mate, is chop them up for playground surfacing :lol:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Looking for a potential replacement for my T1R's when they are finished....Currently 205 40 17 on an 8J but I need a touch more stretch and want to try a 195 40 17.

Anything that's still a good tyre for when I want to have a little raz around? Really like my T1R's and feel really planted in all conditions I just need to sort rubbing out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pirelli Pzero RF are way better but of course if you try the conventional type you ll never go back to rf . Currently I use Hankook RS3 and for its price I am pretty excited great grip and accuracy during turn in . It's just a bit loud and I have no experience yet in heavy rain .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pirelli Pzero RF are way better but of course if you try the conventional type you ll never go back to rf . Currently I use Hankook RS3 and for its price I am pretty excited great grip and accuracy during turn in . It's just a bit loud and I have no experience yet in heavy rain .
Tks for the reply. RFs are out of the picture as I decided to bite the bullet and go for conventional. Have been told that the pzeros are quite a good all-rounder?

Tks

·
Under your bed!
450 Posts
Going to be getting some new wheels, and just want to confirm on sizes. Dont want them rubbing on track!

I will be using either Mich super sports, or AD08R's. And 205/45R17 or 215's depending what width wheels i go for.

If i get 17x7 ET40, then only 8mm further out than stock, so i take it no issues there? Or can i run ET35 with no issues? Its just as the AD08R' and super sports are wider than every other manufacturers! Which we all know ;)

There does seem quite a bit of room, but when its lower i want it to be perfect, and not have to use spacers etc

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,382 Posts
I used to get a bit of rubbing on the road with -30mm, 215/45-17 AD08s and 17x7 ET40s but now that the arch liner is self trimmed, it's not an issue. I don't recall any rubbing on track.

·
Under your bed!
450 Posts
I used to get a bit of rubbing on the road with -30mm, 215/45-17 AD08s and 17x7 ET40s but now that the arch liner is self trimmed, it's not an issue. I don't recall any rubbing on track.
Its good that quite a few arch liners are self trimming lol. I wont deck the thing anyway, well especially as the front will probably catch on everything! Massive arch gap, and bumper touching the floor! Glad they thought about these things :lol:

·
Resident Gobshite
4,029 Posts
Has anyone used the michelin pilot super sports? Just ordered 4 to replace the runflats on a spare set of FJCW wheels.
Yup! Run them on my road wheels. Great tyres in all conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looking for some tyres for 17 x 7.5 (or 7) wheel, I havent decided on new wheels yet.

Reading back to older posts people recommend the Michelin PS2's, but I can't find them in 215/40 on Black Circles or Camskill. Is there a better tyre out there now?

I want it to grab the corners than look nice... but my car is lowered a bit and I worry with new wider offsetted wheels, rear load, it may rub.

205/40 or 215/40 or something else? I have Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 215/40 at the moment. Getting bored with them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyone recommend a tyre size for a slightly chunky look on my R56, wheels are 16x7 and tyres are currently 195/35/16

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 108 Posts